Chapter 4 - Just Friends

My first week in Tennessee wasn't all that bad to be honest. I'd become really close with someone named Layla and she only lived a few houses down from me. I was actually getting along with a lot of people in my school, but there was a few people that got on my nerves already. 

Me and Dylan called each other every single day. I told him about everything here, how some things changed, but a lot of it was different. He told me about what happened everyday at my old school and usually there wasn't anything exciting. 

We were almost done with the end of grade testing, thank God. That also meant summer was just around the corner. I had asked my mom if we could go to Ohio as soon as I got out but of course, she said no. She said that we had to much to do when school got out, which includes opening the pool that came with our house, unpacking more stuff, and so much more that I wasn't looking forward to. 

My phone went off. One new text. 

From: Layla(:

hey c: wanna come over and hang out? maybe we can go to the mall or something?

I went downstairs and asked my mom. She was pretty glad that I was getting along with the people here. She loved Layla, so of course, she said yes. 

------------------

*ONE MONTH LATER*

It was already the end of June. Which pretty much sucked. Me and Layla were laying by the pool, just hanging out. Layla pretty much knew everything about Dylan now. She's been over a few times when I skype him, she thinks he's a pretty cool guy. She found out that he sings. But what's odd is that she thinks that me and him might be in love. Why? I'm not really sure. She said that the other day, like it was a voodoo thing. "I think you and Dylan just might be in love. Y'all act cute." were her exact words. It creeped me out a little, to be quite honest. I mean, me and Dylan? In love? Haha noooo. 

Layla left and then I went upstairs to my room. I changed into my pajamas, threw my hair up in a bun, washed my face and sat on my bed. I got a text from Dylan. 

From: Dyllyboooo(:

Hey! Wanna skype? I want be able to talk much tomorrow :(

I didn't even reply, I just got on skype. He was online so I video called him. He answered and he had a smile on his, like usual. "Hey babe!" He said. "Hey!" I said. I couldn't help but smile at his cuteness. "Awh, you look so adorable with your hair up in a Bam Bam bun." "Shut up, Dyl." We talked for a while and then my mom called me down. "I have to go." I said, a frown forming on my face. He was still smiling. "That's okay... Goodnight and sweet dreams. I love you, don't forget best friend."

I ended the call and went downstairs. "Hey babygirl." My mom said. I smiled and she gave me a tiny hug and then went into the kitchen. "We got pizza, is that okay?" "Of course!" I sat down at the table with my mom and dad and we started eating. "Okay, well, here's the thing. We can't have you making plans tomorrow. Tomorrow's a big day. I need you to be ready by 2 and I want you to make sure your rooms cleaned. We're having company over tomorrow." "Oh really? Who?" "Just some people from the neighborhood. We're gonna cook out and swim and some other stuff." I nodded and just kept eating. 

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK :) I really wanna write the next chapter omg.