Chapter 60; Perfect & Houses

The next morning I woke up and smiled to myself as I was wrapped in my muffins arms.

I opened my eyes, slightly to see him still with his eyes closed and peacefully asleep. A strand of his hair had fallen in his face so I moved my hand up and pushing it back from his forehead.

I traced my index finger from his forehead to his cheek and his jaw, smoothly. I then traced his lower lip before leaning up and pressing my lips on his for a long peck.

My finger went back to tracing lines until his lips opened slightly.

"You like to do that, don't you?" he said, opening his eyes who immediately found mine.

I hummed and gave him a small nod, confirming that it was true.

"I'm sorry I fell asleep and didn't pick you up," I said, remembering that he had arrived while I was half asleep. "It's fine, Andre picked me up. He teased me for following you just a few hours after you had left," Shawn laughed, lightly.

I smiled and pressed a kiss to his jaw.

Good an hour later we decided to get ready so we had enough time to eat something before we would check out the houses.

"You really want to get a house?" Shawn asked as we got into Andre's car because Shawn's was obviously in Toronto. Andre & Lauren didn't know where we were going and I didn't want them to know until it was all settled.

"I want the space. I don't know I just want a place where I can have my whole family over and stuff," I shrugged as we took a turn.

"I can't wait to meet your parents."

"My mom and her boyfriend you mean," I corrected a bit harshly.

"Right, sorry. How come you never told me about your father?" he asked, cautiously, knowing that there was a reason behind why I never told him about him.

"Because I don't have one. Simple as that," I said not saying anything further.

"You can trust me, you know. You can tell me when you're ready," he offered, hoping that I would open up to him about that subject. There was only once where Shawn had asked me if my father was coming to a concert and I simply said no.

"There is nothing to tell, Shawn," I sighed as the car come to a stop and we arrived at the first house. I got out before he could say anything further and went to greet the estate agent that was already waiting for us.

"Hello, Miss Carver," he greeted, sticking his hand out for me to shake.

"Call me, Mila, please. This is Shawn by the way," I introduced my company, while shaking his hand. The guy shook Shawn's hand before taking out a key from his pocket.

"Alright Mila, Shawn. I'm Daniel, shall we?"

The both of us nodded and followed Daniel to the front door where he unlocked the door and gestured us to go on in.

I was immediately in awe as we stood in the hall. I felt Shawn's hand bumping against mind a few times before he finally slid his fingers between mine and held my hand as we looked at all the different rooms.

"I assume the two of you are going to live here together?" Daniel asked as we stood in the garden. "No, he lives in Toronto and we're still too young," I laughed as Daniel blushed in embarrassment.

"Oh, sorry," he apologized.

He talked about the house a while, telling me about every little detail before asking if I found interest in it.

"I like it but I want to see the other options first," I said and he nodded before we left the house and got into our cars. Shawn followed Daniel until the next house and that was how we spend almost all day.