shitty aus i made at 3 am (part 2)

Woo!!! Another one!-!
Completely unrelated to the last au!!! This one is a gang au with angels and demons!! There's maybe more to this one idk. 2 thousand words is enough i think. If i were to make more it would be less crime show-ish and more romantic.

Gimme gimme gimme dat brytoonz 😍😍
--

“Doctor McQuaid? What do you think?”

Bryce looks up from his clipboard and at the police officers in front of him. His angel wings were pressed against his back, feeling slightly uncomfortable against the wall he was leaning on. He sighs. “Well, he was beaten with some kind of blunt weapon. The fractures in his skull suggest it was something long and thin. A stick, probably. And ”

The police officer, Mr. Thompson, begins to speak before Bryce can finish. “So… a pipe?”

“No,” Bryce responds. “The markings are too small for a pipe. Think.. I don't know, a metal rod. Tree branch. The autopsy also found stab wounds along his legs. Something, again, thin and pointed. There were multiple of them right in the back of his knees.”

Thompson nods. Bryce watches him readjust his hat, devil tail flicking about from frustration. Bryce frowns, concerned for his police officer friend. “Craig… I've done all that I can. I'm not taught for these things, I'm a freaking doctor, my patients are usually alive when I check them over. Couldn't you call, I don't know, an anthropologist or something? Someone who's qualified for this?”

“You're the closest we have, Bryce. We're in a city full of shitty people and shitty things. I trust you more than others, you know?” Craig pauses to smile warmly at Bryce, placing a hand on his shoulder. “You've done more than enough, Bryce. Thank you.”

Bryce finds himself smiling back. “Thank you too. I really do enjoy working with you.”

Before Bryce could continue walking, the door bursts open revealing Tyler, Craig's partner. Tyler's clutching one of his wings, puffy white feathers falling to the floor from the action. His other hand is bloody and looks like it's bruised, Bryce notices. His eyes are red and puffy too, as if he had been crying.

“Tyler?! Tyler what the fuck happened?” Craig's beginning to panic, rushing over to his angel friend and fussing over him. Bryce hurries over too, gently pushing Craig aside and checking over the other angel.

Tyler just glares at the ground and grumbles, “Some dickhole was hanging around the crime scene. I figured he might be a suspect, he had blood on his jacket and a knife in his pocket. I tried to catch him and make him talk, he cut off part of my wing. Big deal. I didn't want to get yelled at by the hospital people so I came back here instead. Figured you still had Bryce cooped up here.”

“Tyler, that's not something you can just shrug off! That's a big fucking deal!” Craig screeches out at Tyler as Bryce moves in with the first aid kit in hand, ready to do whatever he can to help. Though considering the first aid kit at the police station is awfully useless (especially for people who are in dangerous situations relatively often), he knows that Tyler's wing will get infected fast considering how big of an open wound it is. “Where even is it?”

Bryce rolls his eyes at Craig's worry. There's no chunk of wing around, so it's safe to assume Tyler didn't bring it with him. That's okay. All he has to do is clean up the wound, stop the bleeding, and-

“FUCK!” Tyler screams in pain as Bryce silently begins to clean the wound. “WHAT THE FUCK BRYCE, THAT HURTS!”

Bryce sighs. “Well, look. It's either this or an infection, which will lead to us cutting off more of your wing. And since we're in a police office, there's not much more I can do. How did you even make it back this far without passing out? Surely you're in pain..."