shitty aus i made at 3 am (part 1)

So this is part of a lame zombie apocalypse au I made. It was initially going to be its own book, but I wanted to write out a little backstory for all of them. This is Bryce's, which is probably the only one that sounds coherent ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(This is what happens when i combine one of my fav fanfics with emotional video games. )

Basically the story of this is Delirious and Cartoonz are boyfriends who get split up by zombie outbreaks and all that good stuff. Somewhere along the way Delirious meets a child Bryce and that's kinda where this is coming from. Basically this is Bryce n Delirious being cheeky little shits, only one of them is actually little.

--

Bryce liked running. It was fun! He used to run everywhere he went before all the monsters appeared. Back before everything got boring and really sad.  He remembers how his mommy would laugh at him, or how his dad said he would be the fastest boy at school.

He missed his mom and dad. They were gone, his brother said. Bryce's mommy and daddy were gone and they had to leave home because it wasn't safe.

Bryce's brother, Brock, had been visiting from college. College is school for adults, he said, and one day Bryce was gonna go there too, when he became a big kid like him. Brock had been going out to find food with his friends they met, and Bryce had been in charge of watching their camp.

The monsters had come over, though. And Bryce had gotten scared, and even more so when Brock never came back. He had been hiding in a building because the monsters were super scary. But when one of them broke the door, Bryce got spooked and ran away. Brock told him to run away if they got close, and to use his size to hide or get away.

So that's what he did. Bryce ran. He snuck out through a hole in the wall, and left through the back door. And he began to run down the path, scared and alone.

He ran until he got tired of running (which, for a child, was pretty dang far). After that, he decided to go inside an abandoned house he passed. Maybe there would be someone nice inside. He wasn't sure how far away he was, or if he was even far away at all. He felt far away, though, and he hadn't seen a monster anywhere...

Someone stopped him at the door.  A tall man stepped out in front of him, easily towering over him. He gave Bryce a stern look, before shaking his head and crossing his arms. “Come on, kid. You're gon- gonna freeze out there like that. What's your name?" 

Bryce's eyes widen in realization. This other guy is also stuck out in the cold, just like him. He relaxes in the other's presence and smiles brightly. “I'm Bryce! And I'm hungry.”

The taller looks down at him and smiles. “Well, I'm Jonathan. And I don't have much, but I'll give you what I can. How old are you? Where are your parents?"

"I'm...." Bryce has to pause to count on his fingers. "I'm eight," Bryce announces. "I was hiding with my big brother and his friends, but they went away to find food. Then... Then the things came, and then I tried to run because I'm super fast! But I got scared of them so I hid. And now I'm here!"

Jonathan looked at him sadly. "That's horrible, Bryce. Come on, I'll- I got you. You like canned beans? That's all I have right now."

Bryce giggled and nodded. "Yeah! I love bean!"

Jonathan looked at him funny for some reason. He just picked Bryce up and gave him a silly smile. "That's great, Bryce. Let's get you fed."

That night, Bryce is snuggled up into Jonathan's side. They had both grown a lot closer to each other than expected in such a small amount of time. Jonathan had laid down on the ground, and curled himself around little Bryce who enjoyed the warmth and comfort.

--

It became a normal thing to them. Bryce would wake up with Jonathan holding him close. They would say good morning, eat something for breakfast and go out exploring. Jonathan would carry Bryce around like the child that he is while they would go scavenge for food. Bryce would be fed little bits of meat and water, and Jonathan would eat virtually anything else.

Sometimes Jonathan would catch a rabbit or bird, or maybe find some canned food at abandoned camps. He always fed Bryce first, but he would happily share with Jonathan despite his protests.

Whatever time they didn't spend wandering and scavenging for food, they would spend talking or playing around by the little, worn down house that had become home to two displaced children. Jonathan would always protect Bryce from the monsters, too. He said there was nothing to fear.

And if Bryce was to be honest, he believed him. He felt content. He was happy and excited and loving with his life right now, he was right at home with Jonathan and he knew that he was loved here.

-

“Bryce? Bryce, come on. We gotta go, oh- oh god,” a voice says above him. “Bryce! Bryce! Come on, baby, we- we gotta go, we gotta go!”

Bryce blinks his eyes open, and is about to ask why when Jonathan scoops him up, blanket and all, and quickly carries him out.

Then, though, he sees it. Humans are wandering around their makeshift home, and they don't look friendly at all. Bryce immediately stays still, allowing Jon to carry him with ease.

"Where are we going?"

"Away, Brycey. We gotta go away," Jonathan gasps. "We- we're gonna be fine. Don't you worry, a'ight? I promise."

-

He's hurt. The mean men had tried to rip Bryce right out of Jon's arms, and now he was hurt. Jonathan was hurt too, but he was still carrying Bryce regardless.

Bryce had scratches all over his torso and a hurt leg. Jonathan smelled like blood, and Bryce could see a nasty gash on his shoulder from where he was. He had heard the guns go off too.... Did they shoot him?

They were both running along, and Bryce felt nauseous and cold. His head hurt and he was dizzy from bouncing up and down in Jonathan's grasp. He could feel Jonathan come to a stop, and immediately hug Bryce tightly.

“Shh, shh, Bryce, Brycey, baby, it's gonna be okay. You'll- you'll be okay,” he chokes out. “It's okay. It's gonna be okay…”

Bryce wants to move. He wants to lean into Jonathan's touch and relax under the little kisses he's being covered with. But he can't. Instead of any of that, his eyes close and he dozes off.

-

When he wakes up, he's on something cold and squishy. Nothing like the familiar warmth that comes off of Jonathan. He squirms and whines, unable to move his leg due to something white and soft being wrapped around it. Bandages, hopefully. They feel too wet to be bandages though...

He begins to sniffle and whimpers pitifully, hoping that Jonathan would come rushing in and comfort him. Bryce is in a strange place and very, very spooked.