marry me?

Bryce would be lying if he said he had never thought about marriage before- it was one of those things that Bryce would bring up every now and again.

They’d be sitting around, him and Ryan, and the thought would just pop into his head.

What would it be like if we ever got married?

Bryce assumed it would be like in the movies, where one of them would come home, exhausted from work, only to be smothered in kisses. Where they’d go out on sweet, romantic dates and bring flowers home every Friday.

“Would you ever consider getting married?” The question would slip off of Bryce's tongue without him ever noticing.

Ryan would always chuckle, and respond the same way. “Of course I do. It'll happen one day, sweetheart, just you wait.”

Bryce, being patient, did as asked and waited. He waited for a month, then two more, and then six. By the time their second anniversary was about to come around, however, Bryce realized he was tired of waiting.

He wanted to marry Ryan, as selfish as that might sound. He wanted Ryan all to himself, to be able to wake up every morning with him by his side. Bryce wanted to be with Ryan every day for the rest of his life, and a part of him worried that Ryan didn't feel the same.

“Ryan?”

“Yes, Brycey-poo?” Ryan's voice is quiet and hardly coherent.

“When we get married… Can we have a chocolate cake? And we'll have it in the spring, too..” Bryce smiles tiredly to himself, tugging their shared blanket over himself a bit tighter as he snuggles into Ryan's side.

“When we get married? You're pretty eager, aren't you, baby?” Ryan chuckles, wrapping his arm around Bryce's waist.

“Yeah… I guess I am. You're not?” Bryce shifted slightly, making himself comfortable in all the warmth coming from Ryan and the bed.

“Well, I'd like to take our time with this. It hasn't been that long, you know.” Ryan rubs Bryce's hip gently.

Bryce frowns slightly, moving himself away from Ryan's side so he can look up at him. “You don't wanna get married? I think almost two years is long enough to think it over."

Ryan looks at Bryce, then laughs quietly. “No, I just… Is that really what you're worried about, Brycey?”

Bryce huffs, pulling himself out of Ryan's hold and turning his back to him. “Yes, I am worried about that, thank you for asking.”

“Oh, come on, Bryce. Of course I wanna marry you,” Ryan whispers, wrapping an arm around Bryce's waist again. “It's late, baby. Can't we go over this in the morning? It's almost two in the morning, we'll talk about marriage tomorrow.”

Bryce frowns, feeling his resolve melt more and more as Ryan snuggles up to his back.

“Fine. I still want the chocolate cake, though.”

Ryan chuckles, then kisses Bryce's shoulder gently. “Of course. Goodnight, Brycey.”

-

I

t was the night of their anniversary, and Bryce couldn't be happier.

The entire day had gone by like some kind of fairytale, starting with Bryce waking up to kisses from Ryan, who told him to get dressed.

They had gone out for breakfast, the two of them going into a little diner, all wrapped up in sweaters and scarves. Breakfast had been nice, though it had started snowing while they ate.