Camp Miraculous 5

Start from the beginning

"Maybe another time, Kitty."

"Ah, boo," Chat says disapprovingly, his lower lip jutting out in a small pout.

"Well, what about you, huh?" Ladybug nudges him. "What's got you up?"

"I'm always up during the 'Witching Hour,'" Chat says mysteriously, framing his eyes with his fingers and wiggling them.

Ladybug snorts softly, covering her mouth with her hand when Rena rolls over in bed.

Chat laughs quietly and elbows her in the ribs. "Shh! You're gonna wake them up!"

"Am not!" Ladybug hisses. "I'm not the one being a major dork and making you laugh!"

"Shhh, you're being too loud."

"Oh, shut up, Chat."

They spend the rest of the early morning goofing off and talking about everything and absolutely nothing.

By the time the clock hits 6:00 AM, Ladybug finds her eyelashes fluttering shut. Chat's saying something about where he's from, and Ladybug vaguely recognizes the address but can't quite find it in herself to respond as sleep creeps up and consumes her.

* * *

One thing Adrien had never anticipated when signing up for an elite camp was waking up in bed with a girl curled against his chest, sound asleep.

He jumps violently, and she jolts awake, backing away from him until she tumbles off of the bed. A fully-clothed Ladybug glares up at him, propping herself up on an elbow and rubbing her head.

"What was that for?" she grumbles, her voice heavy with sleep.

"S-sorry," Chat stammers, mask slightly askew in his line of vision. He readjusts it, and memories from the early morning come rushing back to him.

'Ohhh,' he drawls internally. 'She must have fallen asleep when we were talking. That makes much more sense than what I was thinking.'

"You two finally awake?"

Chat looks around the bedpost to see Rena standing across the room, an amused look playing at her features.

"What time is it?" Ladybug asks, stumbling to her feet. Her overly-large college sweatshirt nearly covers her short-shorts , and the sleeves pool around her hands. She tucks a strand of loose hair behind her ear and suddenly flushes.

"It'sh only eight-shirty. You guysh have time to grab breakfasht in the mesh hall before everyone'sh meething on the beach for instructionsh on our in-mashk challenge," Carapace pipes up from bathroom, a toothbrush poking out of the side of his mouth.

Ladybug nods, tying her hair into two messy twin-tails. Chat watches her make her way over to her duffel bag. She looks from her bag to the empty dresser next to Chat's and face-palms.

"I can help you unpack," Chat suggests cheekily, a shit-eating grin curving his lips.

Ladybug turns on him with a 'look,' and he chuckles, holding up his hands in an 'I surrender' notion. "Kidding, kidding."

She rolls her eyes good-naturedly and hauls her duffel over her shoulder to carry over to her dresser.

Carapace steps out of the bathroom and nods at Rena.

"We'll grab a table in the caf," Rena states, waving her hand before her and Carapace leave, closing the door behind themselves.

"Dibs on the shower," Chat suddenly says, pushing himself off of his bed and making a grab for his dresser drawers.