Chapter 36

Elena's POV

"Move your fat ass." I mumble into Diego's shoulder.

"Good morning to you too my love," he chuckles in a deep voice. His morning voice is hella fine! "Sleep well?"

"With you? Always." I grin and he snakes an arm around my waist. "When will they let you leave?"

"I don't have major issues, so they should today." He sighs and falls back deeper into the pillow.

"Oh Diego, you've got issues and problems and they're very hard to pronounce." I give him a pointed look before getting up to open the windows.

"Ughh," Diego groans stepping out of bed and I worry, shouldn't he be laying down? "Getting out of bed is the second hardest thing this morning."

"What's the first?" I furrow my eyebrows and he smirks.

"Really want to know?" Diego wriggles his eyebrows.

Letting out an exasperated sigh I try not to blush, "Guys."

"I prefer the term men," Diego huffs out and strolls towards me. He rests his chin on my shoulder and intertwines our fingers. "How are you?"

I smile up at him and kiss his jaw, "A lot better, I'm still sorry."

"So am I," he mumbles into my neck. "It's a miracle I'm okay."

"Diego you're the best miracle in my life right now." I chuckle and turn around to face him with a deep gaze. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him towards me.

"Hey guys I'm back." Stevens face pops up at the most inconvenient time and Diego whispers profanities. Sorry, sentence enhancers. Yeah, that's what they are!

"Steven, hey." I grit out and he shrugs.

"We'll pick this up later princessa." Diego whispers huskily and I no doubt blush.

"How are you bro?" He bro hugs Steven.

"Good man and you." Diego answers and I pass him his things. "I'll change out of this and then we can get going, thanks again."

"You know I'll always be here for when you get into shit." Steven chuckles as if remembering a fond memory while Diego just shakes his head. He disappears into the the bathroom and I take a seat on the sofa.

"So you and Diego go way back eh?" I nudge Steven in the ribs.

"Yeah," he let's out a laugh. "We've been partners in crime since day 1."

"What crimes?" I wriggle my eyebrows and Steven shakes his head.

"This one time we lit the broom on fire and tried to extinguish it with pillows." Steven bursts out in laughter.

"Oh I remember that!" Diego grabs his phone and approaches us.

"Wait you lit a fire too? So that means you can't blame me for almost setting your kitchen on fire!" I exclaim and Steven looks at me with wide eyes. He probably didn't believe Diego's story so now that I'm saying it must be a shock.

"Uh yes I can, we were ten. You were almost an adult." Diego grabs the small of my back and we walk out of the hospital room followed by Steven.

"Ah Diego how are you?" An elderly doctor pats him on the back. "You can go, I'll tell the nurses to update the computers."

"Thank you Dr.Behughiy." Diego smiles and we soon walk out.

"Dr. Who now?" I inquire and Diego shrugs casually.

"It took me like ten tries to pronounce it and don't even get me started on spelling." He chuckles and Steven unlocks the car.