Chapter 9

Elena's POV

"Diego tonight was so much fun and it did get my mind off of things." I say and go in for a hug which he happily returns. "But I uhm can we go somewhere, please?

"Sure where to?" He furrows his eyebrows.

"Can I go up front and steer this time?" I ask and he cocks an eyebrow in disbelief. Little does he know that I'm actually a really good rider.

"Uh princessa as fun as that sounds I'm not getting into this death trap with you driving." He shakes his head and steps away from the bike.

"I can ride Diego," I whine and my face quickly lights up with an idea. If he won't believe me, I'll show him. "Watch me."

I take the keys out of his hand and revv up the engine. Taking the helmet I wink just before putting it on. If only I had a leather jacket instead of this innocent comfy jumper now that would be badass.

I shift my hand and take off in the empty parking lot. I don't need to see him smirking for I already know. He thinks I can't do it so I'm going to prove him wrong. I ride better than half of the guys down at the track anyway, let's see what this baby can do. I revv up the engine and bring the bike on its back wheel. Diego looks flabbergasted. Dumbfounded. Shocked. Hah pretty boy this is just the opening act.

I notice a couple of heavy duty planks nearby and I debate whether I should go for the construction site. This bike is bigger than the ones I usually ride. Hopefully I'll manage.

I crank up the bike and quickly process my route. Ride up the planks, do a spin to leave him speechless and walk away like a boss or you know end up in flames. There's always that possibility. I've done this a lot and I dont doubt I can do it now. His bike will hold up, I'm sure. It's all up to me right now.

I gather more speed as I near the planks positioned perfectly in place for my little act. Adrenaline pumps through my veins and my heartbeat skyrockets, it's now or never. Soon enough I'm thrown high into the air and that's when I make magic, I near in for the kill, I do a 360 horizontal spin and land impeccably! Fuck yeah! I still got it.

I make my way towards Diego who looks totally dumbfounded. Yeah I can ride so what?

"If you and your sexist little ass are satisfied, hop on." I grin through the helmet and he nods, still speechless.

"Where did you learn to ride like that princessa?" He questions from behind, not grabbing onto my waist. That's a shame since I enjoy his touch, it's calming. I crank up the engine and the bike slowly starts going up higher onto its back wheel. Diego hastily grabs my waist and once satisfied I bring the bike back down chuckling.

"What was that for?" He smirks.

"No reason, now I'm taking you somewhere special so you can't tell anyone alright?" I reply.

"Alright princessa as long as I make it out alive by tomorrow." He says chuckling and I decide to give him a little scare because why not? Let's just say he won't ever doubt my riding skills after tonight. Though he may high key doubt my sanity.

"Hold on tight." I smirk and get the bike close to top speed. The greenery passing by us lightning fast and the wind whipping my hair back and forth as I cut the curves of the empty road. I take a shortcut through the woods and the bike hits an elevated area of ground causing us to go up into the air. Classic for motorcross but not for Diego.

"Jesus Christ woman! Are you trying to kill us?" Diego shouts and I ignore him. I know what I'm doing but he doesn't need to know that.

"I don't know it's only my second time riding." I lie and smirk as we near the asphalt once again.