Chapter 17

Elena's POV

"Good morning students. You're all probably wondering why we've got a senior assembly taking place." Mr.Escott, our school principle, begins talking.

"No one cares blondy!" Caleb shouts in an elderly woman's voice and the whole gym erupts in silent laughter and giggles. That's Caleb alright.

"Shut up dude." Daniel hisses when he notices that the principle heard the noise from our direction. Caleb shoots Mr.Escott two thumbs ups like they've known each other for years.

"Mr.Banister stop by my office afterwards." Our principle declares through the microphone and Caleb laughs. "Thanks for the shoutout blondy!"

"Isn't it more of a baldy?" Diego asks and I nudge him in the ribs. He doesn't need a trip to the office too.

"As I was saying." Mr.Escott continues but Caleb just has to intervene, "Yee haww." He shouts in the granny voice and security are on their way.

"Hey hey guys please if you're gay don't worry there's plenty of Caleb to go around. Hands off." He chuckles and one of the men brings Caleb's arms behind his neck threateningly. "No, not gay? Alright cool, we good fam?"

"Follow us." The other guard says and Caleb smirks. "Whatever you say, baby."

And that is when he was kicked in the stomach. That guy will really piss people off until the last second. The people all around us are enjoying the fiasco meanwhile the principle keeps rambling words into the microphone.

"Let's hear some karaoke!" Caleb shouts one last time before exiting the gym. The whole student body starts laughing and the principle shouts into the mic, "Order!"

"One Big Mac!"

"Large fries with sprite!"

"Chicken tortilla!"

Students start placing their orders and somebody messes with the mics causing a high pitched noise. I grab my ears before my eardrums have the chance to explode.

"Now that I've regained your attention," Mr.Escott begins and looks at us all daringly. "As this senior year has been doing better than all of our previous generations, we've decided to treat you." The whole gym erupts in cheers and whistles. "Not all of you."

"Booo!"

"Cheap fucker!" Brittany's voice shouts and the principle is fuming at the comment.

"We've decided to send 35 students to London, 25 to Paris and 25 to Tokyo. A raffle has been held fair and square. The results are posted on the exits. If you happen to be one of the people chosen you may collect your permission slips at the administration office. Thank you for your time."

"Woah careful." Diego shields me from the oncoming mob who want to see if they've been picked. I slam against him as some slut shoves past me. Staying there on his hard chest, a smile tugs on my lips and he laughs. "You like it here don't you?"

"Yeah it's cozy." I chuckle and he pulls my hand to check the board.

We shove our way past some ecstatic and very disappointed people before reaching the poster.

"Elena your name is under London!" Diego exclaims and I jump up and down clapping my hands in joy. I check to see if it's true and the first name I see is Diego's. He's with me!

"So is yours Diego!" I shout over the countless seniors chattering away. We both double check and he hugs me, twirling me around in the air. We both start laughing like crazy and make our way out of the crowd.

"I can't belive we're going to London together!" Diego says with a wide grin plastered onto his face.

"Me too! This is awesome!" I reply and wrap my arms around his neck, drawing him into a tight hug. He snakes both arms around my waist and we just stand there enjoying the moment.