Seasonal disasters

"Someone's tailing you"

Nara whispered to the rearview mirror squinting back at the street. It's been there long enough to flash danger signs in her head.

"You mean someone's tailing us." Simone retorted not at all bothered.
"This isn't the time for your trust issues to make an appearance" And they had impeccable timings to splash nonsense inquiries at her to the point of blocking good thinking. Hers as well were present, they were painfully present but never had they accused nor gotten over it so quickly.

As Simone chuckled dismissing the situation approaching them from behind; Nara rolled her eyes skywards and pretended to feel at ease with everything that's been happening today; awhile later they dived into a street on the right, Simome revving the engine and causing the vehicle to roar without necessarily speeding.

"What are you doing?"

The car followed.

"It's a cop" he provided then.

Scrunching her eyebrows, Nara thought about her options.
"Pull over and handle it"
He listened to her pulling over. And this time around when she looked at the mirror Nara did it to fix her attire and not to feed on her paranoid thoughts.

The two stared at each other warily for a fleeting second, although the scene isn't new; Nara is still on edge and Simone is... well Simone.

The cop stood by the window, Simone rolled it down with a grin that wasn't part of the constellations today. He yelled a "hey there!" and she leaned back into her seat feeling the urge to read some fateful cards.

"License and registration please"

"Yes sir"
He leaned to take his identifications out of the glove department and she remembered Layla telling her to remind him of getting his new ones only a week ago which she hasn't gotten to do just yet.

If it's necessary, Layla would get a set of IDs so not to jeopardize any ongoing operation or if it's of any importance to protect their identities.

"There's a fugitive around this neighborhood, you ought to be careful"

"I heard, it's been all over the news. Hope you guys get him"

The officer sent a distracted yeah, then went back to his car to speak on the radio, Nara grabbed the opportunity to tell Simone about the forgotten note expecting some sort of stressed reaction, he clicked his tongue as another form of rolling the eyes and went back to look at the cop through the side mirror.

She did just the same exasperated of anything he has to offer as an explanation.

The cop stepped back ordering Simone to come out of the vehicle, Nara noticed his hand placed on the cuffs in his belt while his eyes glued to every move Simone is attempting.
"You're going too far. Man." Simone drawled, with a hunched stature. Nara leaned closer to see the troubles unwrap before her in the shape of a clash between uniforms and sleek bastards.

Officer McGee wasn't answering, instead he began reading Simone his rights and arresting him for an outstanding warrant. A situation she wasn't around for but it involved physical assault.

It only brought the certain name -Simone had chose to get from the glove department- to light. Adam Solly, it rang a few unofficial bells..

She closed her eyes and leaned back once again but with more heaviness to her shoulders.

A bam!

Grunt!

Thud!
and they were speeding again.

"Is he dead?"

"Umhm"

"His partner?"

"He was alone" his eyes glanced at the rear view mirror to validate his assumption.

"You didn't have to go that far, Solly? Not necessary..."

"He was a fairy, of course I had to"

Nara laughed at the way his sentence rolled down but the coin dropped and the subtlety unnerved her. There was a time when that exact word was directed at her, and it was a time when she was most certainly damn proud of it.

"They shouldn't be out so soon" And a cop?

"I think we're the ones who are late"

"No, it's too early. I'm calling Ralph" Nara's hands shook as she patted her coat looking for the phone.

"He knows"

"Since when" With the phone clutched in her grip the screen lit and the lock photo laughed at her trembling core.

"Doesn't matter. They're after us. If not ahead. They know something big is happening but not exactly how big"

"And Gerbil?" Nara didn't want to ask but as it took him a moment too long to confirm she just knew.

"He knows" well, who doesn't these days? clearly not her.