Date Night

(A/N: I can't believe I left you guys for so long I'm sorry!)

Mount Justice

October 14, 17:34, EDT

"So if I multiply by this, then the derivative is that huge long answer?" Wally asks me whilst staring at the math problem on his notebook. Right now, we're doing our daily study sessions where I help him with his math homework.

"Well yeah, you can't really solve for an easier way," I shrug.

He groans, leans over the couch, and places his head on his hands in frustration.

"Ughhh, I hate math!" He whines, looking up at the ceiling and groaning.

"Hey!" I punch him in the shoulder playfully.

"You asked me to be your math tutor so I'm trying to help your lazy butt get Calculus alright?"

I look back on my homework to see that I haven't even put a single pencil stroke for one physics problem that I've been staring at for the past five minutes.

Wally looks over my shoulder to see that problem I'm currently stuck on.

"The acceleration is 80 m/s," he says to me without even glancing at the problem for more than ten seconds. I gawk at him with my mouth wide open, shocked by his fast problem solving skills.

"What...but how...how did you--"

He shrugs at me, "Hey math isn't my best subject, but science is." He places his hands on the back of his neck and smirks at me.

"You may be the math whiz but I'm the science expert," he grins at me.

I roll my eyes and give him a quick shock causing him to wince in pain.

"Well at least we can help out each other here," I say while tucking a piece of my dark hair behind my ear.

After a few minutes of mindlessly jotting down numbers and praying for the correct answer on my homework, I've been glaring at my science homework for what feels like an eternity. I grit my teeth and bite my pencil in my mouth. I feel Wally's eyes on me, staring intensely. I look up and see him look away quickly, but a red flush appears on his cheeks.

"What?" I ask him, wanting to know why he was staring at me.

"It's just that...you look cute trying to focus on something," he weakly smiles at me. I look away, feeling my cheeks already heating up with red warmth at his cute compliment. Wait cute?

He clears his throat and coughs to tone down the awkward silence lingering in the air.

"Umm...what I meant is that you look....really smart and intense when you're focus," he stutters.

I giggle and sigh, "Umm thanks, Flashboy."

A few seconds fly by and I still bore my eyes on the next problem. Suddenly, Wally shuts my book close to get my attention.

"Hey! What was that for?" I ask him.

"Oh sorry...it's just that I want to ask you something," he softly says.

"Oh...okay what is it?" I look at him curiously. He rubs the back of his neck nervously.

"Umm...okay so Scar?"

"Yes that is my name. Glad we established that," I tease and smile at him.

He chuckles. "Yeah...so anyway." He clears his throat and glances at his hands.

"Do you want to...I don't maybe..."

"Yes, Flashboy?" I say wanting him to finish his words.

"Umm...if you're not busy on Friday night, maybe we could hang out and do something?" he asks nervously.