Infiltrator

Mount Justice

August 8, 09:58 EDT

"Hello, Megan. We should hit the beach every day," M'gann says cheerfully as we look at the beautiful beach.

Since our cave is directly near the beach (literally our backyard), it's about time we start hanging out there. The salty sea air and cool breeze feels soothing on my face and skin. It is a relaxing summer day, a nice break from the missions.

"First a moment of silence for our absent comrade," Robin says sullenly. We all bow our heads in respect for the poor kid starting school.

"Poor Wally," M'gann says.

"Well last one is a rotten egg!" Robin yells breaking the moment of silence. M'gann, Aqualad, Robin, and Superboy all run into the cool seawater but I hesitate to step my foot into a single drop of the water. I stand on the edge of the shore looking at them enjoying the cool saltwater. They all splash in the water with smiles on their faces. However, they all look at me puzzled. I did not realize at this point that I would be splashing in the water right about now and I was not sure if my powers would go haywire considering that I am exposed to an open body of water with people inside.

"Scar, what's wrong?" Robin asks.

"It's just that you know water and electricity don't mix and I don't want to electrocute you all."

"Come on, Scar. Don't you know how to swim? The water's not that deep" M'gann asks.

"Well yeah," I say whilst rubbing my arm in embarrassment. "I know how to swim well my dad taught me at our pool but he wore some kind of electric shock proof bathing suit so I won't sting him like an eel. It's just that I haven't been to the beach or a body of water in a long time."

Aqualad walks closer to me and hands out his hand to me. "I could withstand most eels, Scarlette. Don't be afraid."

Everyone except Aqualad moves away for safety precautions. I sigh and grab Aqualad's hand then he leads me into the water. Closing my eyes, I keep my breathing slow and steady, trying to calm down my nerves in order to prevent any accidental shocks. As soon as my feet touched the soothing sense of the water, I begin to relax my muscles and my nerves. Opening my eyes, I see that Aqualad and everyone else is fine. Robin and M'gann all cheer for me like a little girl taking her first steps in the water. Suddenly, M'gann splashes water at my face, and we begin a water fight. After a few minutes of splashing, Superboy wins the contest by doing a giant cannonball in the water. After hanging out in the water, we all eat some hot dogs and play a game of beach volleyball. Robin and I set ourselves in defense position as Kaldur serves the ball over the net. As soon as the ball flies to the other side, Superboy passes it to M'gann, and she hits it to our side. Robin bumps the ball into the air over to me. Staring the ball, I ran three steps close to the net, jump, and spike the ball into the ground on Superboy and M'gann's side earning us a point. Robin and I high five and cheer in victory. The day ended with us burying Superboy into the sand making him fall asleep.

"Miss Martian, Superboy, Robin, Electrica, and Aqualad. Please report to the mission room," Red Tornado says through the speaker.

All of us except Superboy stand up since he is still sleeping soundly like a baby.

"Should we wake him up?" Robin asks.

"I think he deserves a nap," I smirk. We all ditch Superboy to relax in his comfy sand bed while the rest of us suit up for the next mission.

Walking into the mission room in our uniforms, I spot a familiar blonde girl in a green uniform with Green Arrow.

"Artemis!" I yell running up to her to hug her. We give each other a quick hug. Since the Amazo fiasco and learning that Artemis is Green Arrow's new sidekick, we've been spending a lot of time together for a few weeks. We've done some hero business back home in Star City and I've been telling her about the team and the missions we had.