Schooled

Mount Justice

August 3

13:06 EDT

Just another day in the Cave. Aqualad and Kid Flash are in middle of an air hockey game, which is holographic by the way. This Cave does have its perks. M'gann, Robin, and I standing beside each side watching the boys have their fun. Apparently, Superboy is helping Superman save Metropolis, which is a huge step for him considering the awkward relationship between them. Hopefully they could connect and create a bond.

Recognized: Superboy B-04

We all turn from the game to see the light of the entrance beam revealing Superboy strolling towards us but an angry, hard look on his face.

"Hi, Superboy. How was Metropolis?" eagerly asks M'gann while Superboy walks through the middle of the holographic air hockey board. Sadly, Superboy ignores her question.

Someone clears their throat in the distance.

"Ready for training, everyone?" I see my aunt and Martian Manhunter walking towards us. – "Black Canary! Uncle J'onn!" M'gann runs up to her uncle giving him a short hug and I give a hug to Black Canary.

"M'gann, I was in the neighborhood, So I thought I'd see how you were adjusting."

"A few bumps, but I'm learning."

"That's all I can ask."

I turn around seeing Superboy walking away from us probably sulking.

"Stick around," Black Canary says to Superboy causing to stop, "Class is in session."

Walking to the middle the floor, Black Canary stands and activates the training floor mode.

"I consider it an honor to be your teacher. I'll throw a lot at you. Everything I've learned from my own mentors."

She takes off her blue jacket revealing a bandage around her arm causing her to groan in pain. "And my own bruises."

"Black Canary, what happened," I ask worriedly.

"The job. You know how it is, Scar. Well why don't my teaching assistant start us off with our first lesson," she asks me.

I walk up to the front next to her and turn around facing the team.

"Now, combat is about controlling conflict, Putting the battle on your terms. You should always be acting, never reacting. Taking control of the combat and your opponent's weaknesses is important. Offense is a good way to control the battle but a good defense is always critical," I say earning a smile from my mentor.

"I'll need a sparring partner," Black Canary says.

"Right here," Wally eagerly volunteers.

"Yeah! After this," he throws away his banana. "I'll show you my moves," he flirts.

"Dude you do realize that is my aunt and she could knock you out until next week," I say.

Instantly, Black Canary throws a punch at Kid Flash but he blocks it. However, she sideswipes him with a crouch kick causing him to fall onto the ground.

"Aah! Uh! Ohh Hurts so good," Wally says in pain on the ground.

I hand him my hand to help him up.

"You should watch your mouth, Flashboy. Pretty girls can kick your butt." I smirk. He grabs it and stands up.

"Good block. But did anyone see what he did wrong?" Black Canary asks.

"Ooh, ooh" Robin eagerly laughs. "He hit on teacher and got served?"