Bereft

Bialya

September 4, 09:16 EEST

"Hey." I hear a voice call to me but it is muffled and unclear. Fluttering my eyes open, I instantly see a boy with red hair in a black uniform in front of me, smiling at me.

"Hey. Wake up, beautiful," he says to me. Surprised and scared, I scream and throw an electric blast at him, making the boy fly off a few feet away from me. Seeing him down on the ground, I take this opportunity pin him down. I lunge forward, placing my body over his to pin him down and holding my arm against his neck. I keep my other hand up glowing with lightning aimed at him.

"Oh that's gonna hurt in the morning," he says as he groans in pain.

"Hey, it's ok. It's ok. I won't hurt you," he pleads.

"Who are you and..." I look around to see I'm in some kind of shack? I feel the air is hot and dry. "And where am I?" I sternly question as I lean in closer to him.

"I'm one of the good guys. You know, Kid Flash," he replies.

"Kid Flash?" I say. That name rings a bell.

"Seen Kid Flash on the news. He doesn't wear black," I say.

"A little unclear on that myself. Wait aren't you Black Canary's sidekick?" He asks me.

"Yeah. Electrica," I say as I get off him and offer my hand to help him up. Kid Flash takes my hand and stands up. I look at my uniform. I glance around my body, noticing how it was all black instead of the normal mixture of electric blue and black.

"But that doesn't explain why I look like a ninja all of a sudden," I say.

"Wait hold on. Where in the world are we? Did we get taken by the government or something?" I ask.

"I don't know how we got here. That's what I'm trying to figure out," he says to me.

Suddenly, something whistles in the air. My eyes shoot up to the hole in the roof to see a missile directly coming right at us. Kid Flash quickly grabs my hand, and we run out of the shack barely escaping the explosion. We land with a thud on the hot desert sand, and turn around to see the shack already destroyed in flames and debris. On the horizon, tanks and men on military vehicles are driving towards us. Fast.

Panic suddenly fills up my entire body. I turn to Kid Flash, and we sprint away from the tanks. We turn around a corner. They scream something at us in a foreign language.

Bang! Bang! Bang! Gunfire now echoes through the air. I turn around to and lift up my hand to produce an electric force field to block the gunshots. I crouch behind a rock and shoot an electric blast at one of the vehicles, causing it to flip over and fly off. I continue to throw more but Kid Flash quickly picks up my body and runs away, carrying me. The tanks shoot missiles barely missing us.

"Sorry. They've got tanks," he says to me. I wrap my arms around his neck, tightening my grip and hold on as he zigzags across the sand to escape the missile attacks.

"Thanks," I reply.

"Hey, I told you, good guy," he says. "Also, nice blasts. Cool seeing a girl blowing up stuff with lightning." "Well, hence the name Electrica," I smile at him.

After a few minutes of running away from the tanks, Kid Flash puts me down and pants, trying to catch his breath.

"Whoa, dude. You okay?" I say concerned.

"Sorry. Running on empty. Don't think I've eaten in awhile," he says while breathing heavily. He opens a compartment in his wrist. "Been out here over 24 hours. Or my cupboards wouldn't be bare."