Alpha Male

Mount Justice

September 23, 06:34 EDT

I sigh staring at my hands, still kind of traumatized from the fact that I almost died today. Everyone is sitting at the table contemplating about the Red Tornado family attack that happened earlier today. Some of the League members arrived to help rebuild the Cave after it was burned and destroyed by the damage. When I thought going to school was going to be the death of me, I never expected I would almost die from a family of androids. Confusion fills everyone's minds about why Red Tornado chose to attack us and who made those robots in the first place. Batman and Aqualad are off on the side talking. As everyone else is sitting either to recover or to think, Green Arrow sets a bowl of pretzels as a snack for us on the table.

"Thanks But no thanks," Wally dismisses.

"Yeah. What we want are answers about Red Tornado and his siblings," Robin speaks.

"Exactly!" Wally agrees. As Green Arrow turns to leave with the bowl of pretzels in his hands, Wally stops him.

"Leave the bowl," he says. Wally begins munching the pretzels, and I roll my eyes since he can't help control his strong metabolism.

"This doesn't make sense. Why would Red Tornado attack us?" I ask.

"You knew?!" My head turns to see Superboy grabbing Kaldur by his collar in fiery anger. "That android and his maniac family nearly killed M'gann!" Superboy growls intensely.

"Connor, what are you doing?" M'gann asks flying closer to him.

"Kaldur knew we had a traitor among us, and said nothing!" he announces

Everyone's faces including mine instantly express shock and confusion. I look at Kaldur who is now looking down at the ground in guilt. How could he do that to us? All of us almost died today.

"You knew?" Robin asks

"But didn't tell us?" I question.

"I sought to protect the team from--" Aqualad gets cut off.

"Protect us from what, knowledge that might have saved our lives?" Artemis angrily asks.

"You almost died!" Superboy says to M'gann in sadness and concern.

"Enough!" We all turn to Batman who is narrowing his eyes at us seriously, a glare that could seethe deeply into your skin. Batman is a truly scary dude you don't want to mess with. Superboy immediately lets go of Kaldur.

"With Red Tornado missing, the team will now be overseen by rotating supervisors. Captain Marvel has volunteered to take the first shift."

Captain Marvel otherwise known as the hero with Solomon's wisdom steps forward with his cheery demeanor.

"I'm really looking forward to hanging with you guys," he greets happily. Everyone looks at each with unsure expressions.

Superboy steps closer to Aqualad. Anger fumes from his face as he and Aqualad scowl at each other. "After I dismantle Red Tornado, you and I are gonna--"

"Red Tornado is a member of the Justice League. That makes him a League responsibility. You will leave him to us. I have another assignment for this team," Batman says. He pulls up a newspaper showing a picture of a gorilla and an injured mayor. I raise my eyebrow in confusion at the ridiculous story Batman is showing us.

"Gotham Mayor attacked by Guerrilla Gorilla?" Wally sarcastically states.

"Was this the only thing he could find to distract us?" Superboy thinks in our minds.