Sneaky Nemesis

Nemesis's POV

"Ayano!" I yelled angrily. Huh? Oh, it was just a dream. Leave it to me to have a disturbing dream. Wait, where am I? I looked around and noticed I was in a hospital bed. "An infirmary?" I realized I was in hospital clothing and my stomach was re-bandaged.

"Okay, but where is everyone?" I asked. I got out of bed and left the room I was in, walking down the hall. The last thing I remember was seeing Naruto's face and we were still in the Forest of Death. Wait, where is Naruto and the others? Did they past the exams?

I turned the corner and bumped into Kakashi. "Hey, there. You're up earlier than I expected." He said. 'Where's Naruto and the others?" I asked.

"That's the first question you ask?"

"What were you expecting me to ask?"

"Well... Something like, "Where am I?" or "What am I doing here?" Something like that."

"Well, #1, I know where am I. #2, I understand what I'm doing here, seeing how my injuries are a bit serious. But that's besides the point. Do you know where Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke are?" I asked. "They're taking the Preliminary Exam now." Kakashi answered.

"Preliminary Round?" I repeated. "What's that?"

"Due to the amount of genin who manage to get out of the forest, we're going to have them fight each other." Kakashi explained. "Kakashi, am I able to compete in the Preliminary Round?" I asked. He went to answer until the door opened to reveal the Third Hokage.

"Hello, Nemesis." He greeted. "Greetings, Lord Hokage." I greeted back. "How are you feeling?" He asked. "A little better." I answered. "Nemesis was wondering if she could compete in the Preliminary Round." Kakashi mentioned.

"Hmm..." The Hokage looked at Kakashi, then at me. "Well, Nemesis, your wounds were pretty fatal when you were taken into the infirmary. We managed to stitch your wound, but if you compete in the Preliminary Round, there's a possibility you could end up opening it." The Hokage explained.

"So, it's a 'no' then?" I asked. "I'm sorry, Nemesis." The Hokage apologized. "You don't need to apologize, Lord Hokage. I understand." I said. The Hokage smiled at me. "In the meantime, you should get some rest and give your body some time to heal." He advised.

"Yes, sir." I replied. "Feel better, Nemesis." Kakahsi said before he and the Hokage left the room. Once they left, I got out of the bed and went over to the door, pressing my ear against to listen to what was happening outside.

"Make sure Nemesis doesn't leave that room. Seeing how persistent she is, there's a possibility she'll escape and try to compete in the exams." The Hokage warned an ANBU Black Op. 'Well, I am persistent. I won't lie about that. But I can't leave here with a guard standing outside the door.' I thought.

"Hmm..." I looked towards the window as it was wide open. "If I can't escape through the front door, then I'll have to escape through the window." I said to myself. I grabbed some sheets from the bed and tied them into a rope.

Once my rope was made, I tied one end to the leg of the bed, then tossed the other end out the window. I climbed out the window, using the rope to get down to the ground. Once I was on the ground, I looked towards the window.

"Wonder how long it will take them to realize I'm gone?" I wondered. I can't think about that now. I have to get home. I walked home, being cautious that I wasn't spotted by anyone in the village.

When I made it back to my house, I went to my room. I looked at the mirror near my dresser, then lifted my shirt, seeing bandages wrapped around my abdomen. I undid the bandages and saw stitches where I was stabbed.

"I have to be careful not to open this wound." I said to myself. I planned to compete in Preliminary Round, but not as myself. As a different person.

I don't usually wear a disguise for this kind of thing, but desperate times calls for desperate measures. I got out my supplies for the disguise I was going to make and got to work.

It took about fifteen minutes, but my disguise was finished. "Time to head out." I said to myself. I put on my wig, my colored contacts, and the ninja outfit I was going to wear for the exam.

If I go out there in my school uniform, I'll definitely be spotted

If I go out there in my school uniform, I'll definitely be spotted. Once I was in my disguise, I looked at my reflection. "Hopefully , nobody will recognize me in this." I said. I left the house and went back to where the Preliminary Round was being held.

When I got there, I entered a huge arena. Looks like this is where the exam is being held. I saw Sasuke and some other ninja in the arena while the rest of the genin were standing on balconies. It looked like the match just ended.

I stayed hidden in a corner and waited patiently. I decided I was going to wait until all the contestants have compete and I would be the last to fight someone. Let's just hope all goes well.