Forever

Weeks had passed, time had gone by, and I still had to deal with Jason. No matter what I did, he wouldn't leave me alone.

Jason refused to leave my house.

I didn't know where he went in the day time, but at night I knew for a fact that he would be knocking at my door. He usually just broke in by prying a screen off a random window, especially when I wouldn't answer the door.

Even if I wasn't home in the daytime, I'd come home and there would be trash from him on the counter or something on the floor to let me know he had been there. I couldn't really keep him away from his daughter, so I really had no choice but to let him stay around when he came over.

I hated him, but I loved him.

And we were still legally married.

The doorbell rang, waking me out of my sleep. It was almost 3:40am, Jason knew better than to come over this late. Joelle was sleeping anyways, he had no reason to be here.

I answered the door, rubbing sleep from my eyes. "What took so long?" Jason slurred as he plopped into the house. He slid his shoes off at the door and stumbled over to me to pull me into a strong hug.

"You're drunk, go home Jason," I hissed as I smelled the alcohol on his breath. "I am home." he spoke as he kissed my face in random spots. "Get off of me, you stink," my nose scrunched at the strong smell. Jason laughed. "I love you Lynore." he spoke while dragging me to the couch.

A loud sigh left my mouth. "What do you want, Jason?" I looked around the room for something to look at besides him. Jason burped loudly as he slid his jacket off. He wasted no time laying down with his head in my lap. I began to stroke his short hair slowly as his eyes closed.

It was quiet for a minute.

"Why'd you turn me in Lynore?" Jason broke the silence. I looked down at him. "You kidnapped me and tried to stab me to death, that's why I turned you in, dumbass." I continued to rub his head. "Mmm," he made a sound telling me to go on. "You realize I was pregnant when you locked me up in the basement? When you stabbed me? I had your baby in me." I made my point known.

"You're giving me more kids by the way," he smiled a bit. "Says who?!" my laughter sounded out.

"Me, I love you. I hate that you turned me in, but I love you." he looked up at me now. "I know what I did was wrong, and I'm only mad because I missed out on you changing and missed out on you all together those five years. Missed my first baby be born..." he looked sad now.

"I don't care, you shouldn't have raped me." I shrugged. It was quiet again for a second.

"Damn. I did rape you basically. Forcing you to like it, tying you up, making you 'want me'... Yikes I need help." Jason frowned. My head shook at his words. "Nothing will help you Jason. We tried that and you got worse. You need to be locked up, far away from me." tears welled in my eyes at the thought of him being gone for good.

In no time Jason had me pinned down to the couch as he put all his weight on me. "No!" he seethed in my face. "I'm not fucking going back! I'm staying with you! Don't you fucking dare try and lock me up again, it won't work Lynore. I'm in your life forever, whether you want me or not."

He was right.

I didn't want him gone, but he did deserve to be punished for everything he put me through, hell yes.

"I love you Jason, but the abuse has to stop. I mean you haven't hit me yet, but I'm not dealing with your sissy shit anymore. We're past the fighting. Why can't you just love me?" my eyes wandered in his. "I will try to help you, but this is the last time I'm going through this. Get help, or me and Joel are gone." I felt stupid as fuck for even saying this, but I wanted him. He needed me.

"I'm sorry. For everything I did." Jason laid his head on me. I could feel his tears on my chest. "You didn't deserve any of it. I'm sorry I put you through it. But I'm ready to come home, baby. Please?" He looked up at me with teary eyes.

How could I say no to a teary eyed Jason Mccann?

~~~

I woke up the next morning in the bed. Jason must have put me there cause I couldn't remember coming up here myself.

Jason wasn't anywhere in the room, so I got up to look for him.

I was about to call his name when I spotted him in Joel's room through the half cracked door.

He was shirtless, holding her on his stomach in the rocking chair in the corner of her room. A tune was mumbled from his mouth as he rocked her back and forth with his eyes closed. They looked so peaceful together, like they belonged together.

That was when I knew my decision was final this time. I loved Jason too much to make him leave again. He needed to be here with me and Joel. He had problems, but so did I. I was just as dumb as he was. And I wasn't making him leave anytime soon.

Should I keep him for good?