Fluff

"And they all lived happily ever after. The end!" I closed the story book and got up from Joel's bed.

"But mommy I'm not tired!" she pouted as I turned on her nightlight. "Goodnight." my hand waved from the doorway. I cracked her door so she could still me in the night.

Joel Lyn Mccann was now five years old. She was a spitting image of me, and I was thankful that I didn't necessarily have to be reminded of Jason every second of the day. Truthfully, the only thing I would think of when I was reminded of him was that trip to the store he made me take and how hurt he looked when he was hauled off by the police. His eyes quickly scanned the store from outside as he fought with the police as they cuffed him. Jason had never looked more broken than that day. And I didn't care anymore. I didn't need him. I had Joel now.

When I think of Jason, all I can focus on was that day. Not the abuse and pain he caused, just that day I had finally escaped.

I sat in an interrogation room for a bit before detectives came in. My mind raced for a half hour or so before I could settle down.

"Now do you assholes believe me?!" a sinister smile spread across my face as the officers seated themselves. Still to this day I didn't know how they claimed to not be able to find Jason in their records, but I'd lay into them about that a little later.

"Where is Jason now?!" I hissed at them. "He's in a holding cell downstairs." one guy spoke up. The other just nodded. "Did he say anything? Like in the car?" my heart dropped when I remembered how shitty Jason looked when the cops rolled up on him. But it serves him right for being an abusive asshole and kidnapping me to begin with.

I still loved him though, but prison was where he belonged.

"Ma'am, we're gonna ask a few obvious questions later, we're taking you to the hospital now." the quiet one spoke up. I nodded. I still couldn't believe he tried to kill me.

But this was Jason we were talking about, who was I kidding?

Once at the hospital, I got the whole run around being an abuse victim. A rape kit was done even though the sex was consensual now. That's when I found out that I was pregnant with Joel.

My mother came to the hospital after taking the day off work. She was more upset about me being pregnant than me "lying" about being kidnapped.

"He took me mom." my voice was stern. She was being a bitch while I was a victim. I was fed up with everyone's attitudes and just wanted to go back home. Wherever that was.

The next day, I took the cops back to Jason's place, since they needed to investigate and I needed my cat and all of my belongings there.

I literally took every shirt of Jason's to sleep in when I went back home. Also making sure to take some of his boxers to wear too.

My mom had already arranged for me to get my apartment back last night. I was just happy to be free now.

It had been almost six years since I had seen Jason or had contact with him.

Of course for the first few months he was locked away, he sent letters, memorizing my address, and called at least five times a day. I never opened any of the letters and never answered any of the calls.

It was like Jason never existed. I couldn't believe how easy it was for me to turn him in and how easy it seemed that I had gotten past that chapter in my life. Was that all it felt like?!

I was a medical assistant now at a local hospital, Joel was in preschool, and I owned my own house. Everything was perfect. I didn't need Jason for anything.

My feet padded to the dresser as I stripped. I slid one of Jason's shirts on and got into bed.

Not even two hours had passed when I heard a noise in my room.

A dark shadow loomed in the corner by my fluffy vanity chair.

My heart started pounding into my asshole as my fear kicked in. I was still damn near half asleep, with my feet hanging halfway off the bed, as if I was gonna go investigate the shadow. Yeah fucking right.

I laid back down and shuffled under the blanket to make a shield from the monster.

"Oh my sweet, sweet little Lynore..." a voice rang out to me. It was a monster alright...

A very familiar monster.

I sat up and let out a gasp as I tried to catch my breath. All the air was taken out of my body, making it impossible for me to even comprehend what was happening.

"I missed you." the voice said. I could literally hear the smile in his voice. My mouth opened to speak but my lips got stuck to my teeth before I could speak.

Suddenly my vanity light clicked on.

And there in all his beautiful glory in the corner sitting in my fluffy makeup chair, with Fluff perched on his lap as he stroked her was Jason Mccann.

Never in my life had I felt this amount of fear I felt when I laid eyes on him. Fluff was purring as he petted her softly.

I knew my time had come.

I was about to die.

Jason was here to kill me.

"Can't speak to your husband?!" he sent me a sinister smile. He was being an ass on purpose. He knew he didn't sign the divorce papers I sent multiple times to the prison, no matter how many times they were sent.

My eyes flew over to my vanity. The little silver box my eyes glared at held my wedding band.

"Get up, and put it on. Now." he hissed again at me. I looked back at him, tears were now flowing down my face. He was about to kill me. I could feel it.

When I didn't make a move from my bed and the silence got awkward, he sat Fluff on the ground and stood up. This was it.

Jason went to the box and grabbed my ring.

"No."

"No?" he smiled at me. "You don't have a choice. We are married, and you will wear this ring!" he approached the bed.

I let out a yelp and skidded to the far corner of the bed. He easily grabbed my ankle and slid me back to him.

"Stop!" my fists thrashed around to hit him as I yelled. "Shhh, don't wake up my daughter," Jason chuckled at me as he loomed over my lying figure easily. He took up my hand and slid my ring back on.

It felt so foreign, the cold metal. Wrapped around my warm skin. I had forgotten how beautiful the ring was.

When I came back to earth, I tried to grab my phone from the table to call 911, but Jason beat me to it and threw the device across the room. I tried to make a dash for the house phone but Jason literally already had it in his hand before I could think, and literally crushed it to pieces with his two bare hands.

"Why are you here? How..." I whimpered as I tried to get away from him. Jason slid his jacket off and tossed that across the room too.

"Lyn baby, we love a good behaved criminal." sinister Jason never left the room. "They let you out for behaving good?!" I hissed. "Whose ass did you kiss? I continued to rant at him.

"Yours in about...three seconds."

Jason had me in his viper grip within seconds, putting me on all fours, facing away from him.

We had been in this literal position so many times. The feelings starting to come back by the second once he had be from behind.

His hands pushed his shirt up my back and quickly pulled my thong down halfway.

"Honey, I'm home!" Jason cackled as I shook in fear. This was the beginning of the end.

I was about to die.

                                                                                  ~~~  

I have entered ALL three of my books into the #wattys2017!!! PLEASE share my work on your twitters to help me out omg Im pissing myselfjljljldfjlskd!!!!