Panic Attack - Roman x Virgil

Trigger warning: panic attacks

Virgil didn't mean to do it, he didn't know that it would happen, he was talking about everything that could go wrong, he didn't intend for Thomas to have a panic attack. It should've been obvious but Virgil didn't notice, now he was watching Patton try to calm Thomas down.

He backed away slightly, catching sight of Romans glare. Before Roman could do anything he sunk down to his room.

"Anxiety!" Roman called, his eyes narrowing. He left Logan and Patton to help Thomas and followed Virgil, he was ready to explode at him for talking about that stuff around Thomas, how could he? He knows it makes Thomas anxious!

"Virgil!" Roman yelled, walking into his living room. He spotted Virgil on the couch in a ball, shaking. Roman could hear his breathing was laboured and sobs coming from his mouth, wracking through his body with more velocity then the last.

Why was he having a panic attack? If Thomas has one it doesn't affect Anxiety at all!

"Virgil, what-?"

"Go away!" Virgil cut him off, curling in on himself more. Roman didn't listen, he stood his ground and crossed his arms.

"No, I will not go away! Why are you having a panic attack? You are being so inconsiderate!"

Virgil flinched at his words, Roman was wrong, Virgil wasn't having a panic attack so they helped him instead of Thomas, he was "absorbing" Thomas's anxiety, which in turn gives Virgil a panic attack.

It was calming Thomas down, the others didn't know it was Virgil who was really helping his host.

"Virgil-"

"ROMAN! Shu-shut up!" Virgil yelled, lifting his head to glare at the side. His eyes were blurry with tears making it near impossible for him to see Romans expression.

Roman clenched his jaw in irritation, it wasn't his fault, he didn't know Virgil could do what he was doing - he didn't know Virgil was taking Thomas's attack.

"No! Why-"

"I'm not-" Virgil breathed in, "I-I'm taking his at-tack" he stuttered, wrapping his arms tighter around his legs.

"What?" Roman replied, confused. He knew that he felt bad for Virgil, Prince hated seeing him in such a state but he was mad, mad that Virgil was doing what he thought he was doing.

"I'm taking his attack!" Virgil yelled more clearly, coughing afterwards. It was becoming harder for him to breath which made him panic more making him cry harder and shake faster.

Roman sighed and went to his aid, sitting beside the side and wrapping his arms around him.

"Breath, Virgil" Roman mumbled, running his hand through his hair.

"I-I can't-!"

"Yes you can" Roman reassured him, telling him the breathing technique. It slowly calmed him down and soon he could control his breathing.

"Now, tell me why you were having the attack" Roman said softly but sternly, leaning back to look into his eyes.

Virgil sniffled, rubbing his eyes. "I took Thomas's attack, I...stopped him from having one"

"You took it?" Roman asked for clarification, slowly understanding what was happening. Once Virgil nodded Roman felt immense guilt and he hugged the still shaking side tightly.

"Oh...I...I apologise, Virgil. I didn't know you could do that-"

"S'fine Princey, it's my fault"

"Don't - it is far from your fault, we all understand that you...see the bad side in situations. You're Anxiety! We expect you to give Thomas attacks" Virgil frowned and Roman noticed.

"But" Roman carried on, "you're not just anxiety, remember that" Roman gave him a reassuring smile and Virgil gave him a small smile back.

"Thanks, royal pain"

Roman gasped, "I should be getting praised! I saved your life!"

Virgil chuckled and looked away from him, "yes, yes you did, Princey".

Roman didn't know that Virgil didn't only mean the attack, Roman had saved him countless times without even knowing and Virgil loved him for that.

"You can go now"

"And leave you in this state? You can easily fall back into an attack! I am a noble prince and I will care for you until the end of the att-...." Roman paused.

"And I will care for you until the end"

--

Yay, so cheesy, much fluff, very cute

Hope you liked it, thanks for the request! 🙏🏻