Roses

Beauty.
Pain.
Roses.
You.
Ever hear of the rose that grew from the concrete?
The one about the girl who can't be beaten. The one about the boy who said it's my treat. The story of two. This is one you probably never knew.

You see the beauty but I see the pain. You think it's all just one big flame. But in the fire, my eyes grow tired. I can no longer get you to conspire. All the fights we had. Boy, it makes me sad. I hope you know I was never mad.

But lately I, I wonder why. I can never get you to look in my eyes. The roses died. I start to cry. If I look back now, I'll want to die.

I ask you to stop the lies. I ask you to tell me why. I ask you not to pry. Cause eventually, well you'll know why. But you see me now and I'll see you then. The roses start to wither again.

I end up trying, Over and over it seems. But I can never get you out of my dreams. I can't ever lean on broken mirrors. Cause if I tried it wouldn't be clear. These roses bloom outside my room. And all it does is lead me to doom. How could you give me that rose to burn. Boy, I knew you would never learn.

It's been hours since I looked back. And even now my heart still cracks. Under the pressure, it should get better. But right now I don't want to remember. I just want my boy back. The rose you grew, inside my heart. Maybe I think we should restart.

I don't mean start over. It's just a back-track. I should have cut you some slack. Gunna get some money soon, making fat stacks. Get our own place. Just to relax. Where we can live and roam. No more thorns in this broken home. Building up together. I knew someday it would all get better.

No more roses for us. They just bring lust. Pretty soon we could have been dust. Jump back to the past. And we are sure to last. Time stops and the question pops. Will you marry me? I think we should wait and see. Maybe 3 or 4 more years. And the rest... It's history.

The rose grew from the concrete. But not before I saw you drive down the street. Speed away, Maybe one day. I'll see you then. And maybe we'll be more than friends.