One Rainy, LA Day

• 1 •

| Matt |

Rain, a rarity down here in LA, dripping down carelessly here, there and everywhere. Luckily I have my umbrella with me, but it doesn't help me feel any better. Nothing could make me feel better, not with all the screaming and shouting. Crying, squealing and yowling. I know what it's all for, too. But I don't want to acknowledge it. There's a huge name coming to town, someone big. I don't care much, I've never been one to be able to afford such a luxury like seeing a concert. No. A theatre kid like me would never have enough. Two jobs and struggling to even cope, that's me. The lingering presence of my cat doesn't help me either, sure he's there for moral support and he's supposedly supposed to guide me to my soulmate at some point but.. he's so much to deal with, and he's with me all the time. Right now he's on my shoulder, hissing and growling at the pitter patter of rain as it hit the top of my umbrella, he moves his head to follow the rain trail down until it hit the ground, hissing at it as it went. Repeat. He's annoying, but he's the only company I have. His name's Skip and we've been together for three years now.

At first, I didn't want a cat, I wanted to just let fate decide, but a lingering thought in the back of my mind bugged me and bugged me to get something, anything, anything to lead me to the one I'll spend my life with. And so, I gave in to that thought and went to a soulmate specialist shop. It was filled with special knickknacks, animals and people who you can hire to help guide you. I'd looked through the whole shop, barely finding anything of interest.. until I saw him. Skip. He was in a cage, surrounded with other kittens, all running around and squealing, he was ignoring them all. He had his eyes on me. Sitting perfectly still, and looking up at me with a glint in his eyes. He knew, he still knows. It was at that moment where I knew, I knew that he was it. I used all the money I'd been saving to take him with me and even now, it was the best decision I'd ever made.

Or at least, that's what I thought back then. He's a nuisance, he hasn't even pointed anyone out, he's lazy and clingy and he's just.. Mischievous. But I love him, and I know that he loves me too. Stroking his head and making him purr, I look to the opposite street, seeing a long line of people queuing up to get tickets for that big name's concert. It's saddening, I've heard he's really good, I want to go check him out but.. with budgets low.. I can't. I've actually heard some of his songs thanks to YouTube and he's great. Shame I can't see him live. He's called Nathan Sharp, or NateWantsToBattle as his fandom likes to call him.

Shaking my head, I continued on my way, walking to my apartment complex and going inside and up to my apartment. I lock the door up and go to sit on my couch. My apartment isn't much, just a few rooms, a few necessities and a few luxuries. Luckily I had enough money to buy myself a TV, a phone and contracts to go with them, though my contracts aren't impressive.. it's what I got and I'm happy with them. I toss my umbrella to the side and kick my shoes off. Skip climbs down onto my lap and curls up, instantly purring and nuzzling into me. His adorable actions bring a smile to my face, but my smile turns sour once I turn the TV on, an ad comes up on the TV featuring Nathan's concert. Surprise surprise, it's out of my price range. I scowl at it as I turn it off. I go to my phone instead, smiling at the twitter notifications. At least some people are there to cheer me up, even if it is only a like or a retweet of a stupid pun I did.

Looking up, I let myself fall into the depths of my mind. Who's my soulmate going to be and what're they like? Will they be a female or a male? Most of all.. Will they respect me for me? Or will I have to run and hope they never find me? Who will Skip pick? And will their special thing choose me in return? So many questions.. such little time to figure them out.

(( Hey everyone and welcome to my new story! It's a used, really damn cliche concept, but hear me out! I promise to not make it as cliche as it sounds. I've been really excited about this (kinda why it's up so early after I've finished my other one) and I hope that it'll be something of interest!

Chapters every Monday, Wednesday and Friday aannd.. the chapters around 700-800 words. Thank you and I'll see you all again Wednesday! ))