Chapter 4 The Hardest Part Derek's POV

I woke up and was surrounded by people, everyone who was there I recognized, which I guess was a good thing. Jesse and Melissa were sitting on a couch bed type thing next to the window, Jesse's head was in Melissa's lap with Melissa stroking his hair, they were both asleep, or at least trying too. Kathy Dawson (Anna's mom) was stilling in a rocking chair next to my bed, I heard the door open, it was Carrie and Will.

"Hey look who's up!" Carrie said

"Don't get so over joyed he might not remember you." Will replied with

"No," I began to say "I remember both of you." I finished trying to keep my voice from cracking

"That's great!" Carrie replied as her usual preppy go lucky self "Can we get you anything?"

"Actually some water would be really nice."

Carrie walked over got a foam glass and filled it with some water and ice. As I took a drink the coldness of the water was chilling but quenching at the same time. I tried to turn over and felt a sharp pain in my rib cage.

"Whoa dude be careful," Will began to say "You have five broken ribs, three on your right and two on your left. You wrist is also sprained, do you remember what all happened?"

For a minute I forgot Will was a cop, but after he asked I knew I had to tell him the truth, it was the only way to find Anna. I started to replay the night in my head, I somehow remembered everything. I thought with Dana hitting me on the head I would have forgotten something.

"Yes, I remember, Dana, Dana Wilson has here. I don't where he took her, but I know he has her."

After I had said that I realized had I just stole out one of my best friends, but then again he wasn't my best friend. He was my enemy, he was the one who introduced me to this life. I do admit I didn't have to say yes to any of it, but it just seemed like I had to impress him.

"Do you have any idea where he might have taken her?" Will asked 

"No, but he moves a lot, last time we told me where he was it was 112 Oceania Avenue."

"Derek, I know this has to be hard for you, I know Dana was your friend."

"No he has Anna, and I need her back just as bad as you guys want her back."

Carrie stayed with me for awhile but Will left almost immediately after I told him where Anna might be. After awhile Brandi showed up with some flowers and some of my baseball movies Melissa had texted her to bring. After around 3 o'clock everyone started to leave, Melissa and Jesse stayed for a couple hour longer to make sure I would fine at the hospital by myself. After they left I sat back and just took everything in, from the cheap Lillie's Brandi had bought to the cream colored walls. Everything was bland and it just made me wish I could be outside helping look for Anna instead of in the hospital bed trying to heal the wounds I had caused.

I couldn't help but think about what Dana was doing to Anna at that moment, I wanted to kill him when I saw him trying to touch her. I could fathom what I'd do if I found out her raped her or anything else to that extent. Not knowing where he had taken her or what he had done to her was eating me alive, and knowing that it's my fault that all of this happened made matter worse. As put a lot of thought into what I was going to do and it would be the hardest thing I've ever had to, but it was the right thing. I had to let her go.