Blinded By the Truth

Prologue

  Derek's POV   My name is Derek, I'm 17 years old and I'm addicted to weed. I didn't mean for it to happen, I didn't mean to start smoking it and I certainly didn't mean to start selling it; and most of all I didn't mean to hurt the girl that I'd loved all my life. I'd thought to myself a million times but saying it in front of people I barely knew made me feel like a douche bag, most guys want to impress the girl they like but not me, I was too concerned with my weed…   My name is Derek, Derek Richardson, as I said I am 17, I'm about 6'2” brown hair and green eyes, Anna always said they twinkled and they might. But only if I was looking at her. I first met Anna when I was 11 years old, I had just moved across the street and it was the first week of summer, she was my first friend I made here. Anna is also 17, she's the most beautiful girl in the world. She has long brown hair, and dark brown eyes, I never told her but I would always get lost staring into them. I loved Anna with all of my heart and it hurt because she never knew until I left. To come to this place that supposed to help me get rid of this addiction I have. It’s working but I miss Anna more and more everyday. But I screwed up so I have to pay the price. I can only hope that Anna, my friends, and my family don't hate me for it, because what I did was… inexcusable and irresponsible.   Anna's POV   Derek left two weeks ago, just before he was about to leave he told me he loved me. It wasn't just a good bye I love you, it was a “ I want you, I love you, and I always have and I always will love you”. I wanted to tell him I loved him too but the words just couldn't come out, I just stood there like an idiot as he got into the car and drove away. At first I was mad at what he did, but he found me and I know he wishes he could take everything back. I know he feels horrible for what he did and it's eating him alive, but to completely understand our messed up "love" story you have to start from the beginning.