Chapter 3 Derek's POV The Real Fault

I pulled up as close to the bridge as I could so Anna and I didn't have to walk that far. The bridge was about 5 ft. wide and about 10 ft. long, it crossed the Jordyn creek and connected Walker and Franklin park. As a kid Walker park was the best park ever it always had green grass the slides were always clean and the swings always felt twice as high as you were actually going. Then there was Franklin park, that was the park the kids from Weston played at. Weston wasn't a bad school, it was just in the bad part of the neighbor hood, and that bridge was what connected everything. Anna and I just sat for awhile realizing it was only 6:45, and Dana was always late. I started to think about every thing that Anna and I had been through the good and the bad times and I really had no idea how Dana would act. For all I know he could kill me, thinking I would tell everyone about his secret hiding places for everything, but for some reason my mind kept going back to that stupid movie we went and saw today. I remember looking over and seeing tears fall from Anna's eyes as one of the main characters cancer had gotten worse the their chances looked slimmer and slimmer. But the one thing that stood out to me that whole movie was a quote. One from Hazel Grace, I fell in love like you fall asleep, slowly then all at once.

"Derek?" Anna asked I could tell she was scared

"Yeah"

"What's gonna happen?'

"Well if this was a normal one I'd hand him the package, he'd give me the money and we'd go our separate ways, but this isn't going to be normal, so I honestly have no idea." 

I could tell she was scared, but I knew that she was aware that she could never tell anyone about any of this.

"Are you scared?" I asked

"A little bit, I mean I just don't want anything bad to happen to you." Anna repiled 

I pulled her close and hugged her tight, she had goose bumps and they weren't because she was cold. I wanted to tell myself I gave her the chills when I touched her, but I knew it was because she was scared of what Dana would to to me or her. She nuzzled her head on my chest and I held on to her until I saw head lights across the bridge. I told Anna to stay in the car but being as stuborn as she is she followed me. Half way down the bridge I saw Dana, he looked worse than when I last saw him. He was about as tall as I was with  stringy black hair, he was skinny, not just normal skinny but I haven't ate in a couple days and only smoked and drank skinny. I looked over at Anna and I could tell she was even more scared after she saw him. Dana, Anna, Carrie, and myself had all been friends back when we were younger and I don't think Anna had thought about what years of smoking, drinking, and partying had done to him. I told her to stay in the car but like s stubborn person she is, she had to come with me. We walked down the bridge hand in hand, hers clutching mine and in my other hand the "package" that would normally make me 300 dollars richer. 

"Okay Derek you know the deal," Dana began to speak,"no one is supposed to come with you,"He said looking at Anna for a moment,"Wait is this, Anna Dawson?" He finally asked

"Hi Dana" Anna said calmly

"Wow, I'd never thought you'd want into this life." Dana said with a slight sarcastic tone

"Well Dana, I don't want into the life, I made Derek take me along."

I could tell Anna was getting heated up and it was only a matter of time before she blew up on him.

"Oh right, little miss I never do anything bad!"

"Okay can we just get this over with?" I asked handing Dana the package

"Yes, yes we can." Dana replied while examining his "precious"

"Dana there's on more thing we need to talk about." I said

"Haha what is there left to talk about?" Dana asked

"Dana, I, I can't do this anymore." I said as slow and as clam as had ever said anything before.

Dana eyes were filled with rage he clutched his fist together, I knew then and there I had to get Anna out of there.

"I'm sorry Dana but I think we better go now." I said as I put my arm around Anna and slowly turned around. There was a gun shot. Anna and I both turn around, and there Dana is with his gun up in the air.

"NO, YOU AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE UNTIL I GET WHAT I WANT FROM YOU!"

"What else could you want from him?" Anna asked 

" Oh darling, how could you be so clueless? You see Derek has been in love with from the beginning and he took whats most important to me, and since his parents are gone, you're the only thing he has left to care about."

"That's a lie Dana and you know it as well as I do, he might care about me, but I sure as hell know that he loves Jesse and Melissa!" Anna said back to him

"Do I look like I give a fuck about his family? I can't have sex with his brother and his sister is an ugly fuck! But you on the other hand, you grew up nice and sexy! I wouldn't mind waking up next to you every morning." Dana said as he got closer and closer to Anna and finally he was touching her.

I didn't know what came over me but I hit Dana, I hit him so hard that he went from being inches away from Anna to being 3 feet away from her on the ground. As soon as I had realized what I had done I heard my self say OH SHIT inside my head but at this point I might have said it out loud. Dana was back on his feet and coming at me at full speed ahead. I blocked him with my fore arm knocking him down again. Next thing that came into my mind, GUN, where was his gun. I looked over and saw Anna leaning over and picking something off the ground. She had it she had his gun one less thing I had to worry about. Dana was making his way to his feet again, Dana wasn't a very good fighter, but then again neither was I. He got me off guard while I was looking over to make sure Anna was still okay. He got my square in the jaw and I was down, he started kicking me first in the back then in my stomach. I knew I wasn't going to be able to get up without someones help, then I opened my eyes wide enough to see Dana grab what looked like a broken glass bottle and then I was out. My eyes closed and all I saw was black for awhile then I saw a white light that I tried not to got into it knowing what movies and books have told me. I didn't want to die at least not like this. I saw to figures it was a man and a woman, it was my mom and dad! I couldn't believe it I was in shock I ran up to them and hugged both of them!

"Mom, Dad, it's so good to see you!'

"Derek we missed you so much!" my mother replied back

"Am I, dead?"

"No son, just unconscious, it's a inbetween state." my father said rubbing my back

"So wait what happened?" I questioned

"Well we've been watching you the past few months and may we say you are smarter than your choices lead on." My father said but I could tell by my mother's face she felt the same

"Yes, I know they've been stupid decions and I'm trying to get it turned around."

"Remember if you some mistakes you'll just make again if you try turning around, so sometimes its best to start over again then to turn around." I heard my mothers voice say this.

I was starting to wake up I was Will's face and I felt my self rise up into an ambulance and I just kept hearing Will's voice yell Where's Anna? ANNA? Anna you're safe now, come out! The ambulance doors close the siners started and soon I couldn't hear Will's voice anymore and I finally just let my eyes and start allover again but there was one thing I had to turn around again for. I had to go back for Anna.