Chapter 3 Anna's POV The Real Fault

Derek pulled up as far has he could to the bridge without going on to it, I saw that it was only 6:45 and I knew it wouldn't be until a little after 7 until Dana would show up. I traced my lips again wishing Derek would kiss me, it still hurt that he lied to me but the truth was I was completely in love with him. I think I've always have been and that's what hurt the most, that he didn't know that he might not even care, but somehow someway I think he already knew and I think he really cared. I thought about the things Derek did for me and the things he said to me. All the Good Morning and Good Night texts, all the times he had come over to bring my homework while I was sick and we just ended up watching movie's and he'd make me feel better. And then I remembered when it was my turn to take care of him and how it still was my turn and still maybe for awhile, I still remember the day I found out Derek's parents had died. I remember Melissa coming over to my house and first telling my mom in the kitchen, I remember hearing my mother call me over and seeing Melissa without makeup and it looked like she had been crying. My mind went straight to Derek, but then my mother told me what had really happened I had tears streaming down my face, I could catch my breath and everything felt unreal and off balance. I cried for hours until Carrie and Brandi came into my room Brandi told me I had to be strong for Derek and that he probably felt 10 times as worse as I did and the he could use a friend. At this point I finally went over to his house I remember finding him and Jesse sitting alone in the living room watching old family videos from when Derek and I were in elementary school and Jesse was just a little tike. That was the first time I had ever seen Derek cry, I sat down beside him and lend my head on his shoulders. I remember him just repeating himself saying they're gone, trying to wrap his head around the matter of the subject.

This got me thinking about what was going to happen, what if Dana went insane, what if he had a gun, what if he shot Derek? All of these things going through my mind I coldn't decide whether to ask him or just find out for myself.

"Derek?" I said a bit more terrified than I wanted it to come out

"Yeah" he replied as him usual self

"What's gunna happen?"

"Well if this was a normal one I'd hand him the package, he'd give me the money and we'd go our separate ways, but this isn't going to be normal, so I honestly have no idea."  He said as simply as he could.

I was quite and maybe that was the wrong thing to do but I didn't know how to feel, I didn't know if I should be scared that all of this was happening or if I should just be giving myself a pep talk about how I was gunna make it through this.

"Are you scared?" He asked

"A little bit, I mean I just don't want anything bad to happen to you." I replied 

Derek pulled me close and hugged me tight, really tight. I nuzzled my head into his chest and wished this moment was one that would last a life time, but I knew it would end sooner than later. I truth was even whenever I was with him the world felt prefect. Every problem of mine jut seemed to melt away, whenever I was with him or even just talking to him. There wasn't any wars, people trying to overthrow their dictator, or protesters, it was all peace. He let go of me when we saw headlights on the other side of the bridge.

"STAY IN THE CAR." Derek said sternly but I ignored him 

I remember Dana a little bit from when we were younger, but he was more of Derek's friend then mine, even though we call kind of hung out. Dana was the cute nerdy kid at least that was the label I had picked for him originally. He played with Pokémon cards, watched Dragon ball Z, and wore glasses but this Dana was completely different. He was about as tall as Derek, longer black hair that need to be washed and trimmed, he looked like he had eaten anything in days, and that the only thing he had consumed was weed and some form of alcohol. As we walked along the bridge hand-in-hand I could tell Dana was a little suspicious.

"Okay Derek you know the deal," Dana began to speak,"no one is supposed to come with you,"He said looking at Anna for a moment,"Wait is this, Anna Dawson?" He finally asked

"Hi Dana" I said rather calmly

"Wow, I'd never thought you'd want into this life." Dana said with a slight sarcastic tone

"Well Dana, I don't want into the life, I made Derek take me along." 

Not going to lie Dana was a major pain in my ass at the moment he knew all the things my dad had done and why it was just me, my sister, and my mom and I knew if I didn't clam myself down I'd blow up in his face and I didn't think that was the time of place for that.

"Oh right, little miss I never do anything bad!"

"Okay can we just get this over with?" Derek asked handing Dana the package

"Yes, yes we can." Dana replied while examining his "precious"

"Dana there's on more thing we need to talk about." Derek said

"Haha what is there left to talk about?" Dana asked

"Dana, I, I can't do this anymore." Derek said in voice I had never hear him use in a long time it almost sounded like the voice he used when he'd get in trouble with his mom and dad. Only this voice softer and more sincere. I looked up and Dana looked like he could kill someone.

"I'm sorry Dana but I think we better go now." Derek said as he put his arm around me and slowly turned around. There was a gun shot. Derek and I both turn around, and there Dana is with his gun up in the air.

"NO, YOU AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE UNTIL I GET WHAT I WANT FROM YOU!"

"What else could you want from him?" I asked 

" Oh darling, how could you be so clueless? You see Derek has been in love with from the beginning and he took whats most important to me, and since his parents are gone, you're the only thing he has left to care about."

"That's a lie Dana and you know it as well as I do, he might care about me, but I sure as hell know that he loves Jesse and Melissa!" I said back to him trying to hold back tears and hearing the fact the Derek loved me

"Do I look like I give a fuck about his family? I can't have sex with his brother and his sister is an ugly fuck! But you on the other hand, you grew up nice and sexy! I wouldn't mind waking up next to you every morning." Dana said as he got closer and closer to me.

Soon he was touching my face and I felt a gust of air blow past my face while my eyes were closed, when I opened them Dana was on the ground. Derek has a slight look of relief  and then panic.

"OH SHIT!" He said realizing what he had just done

I knew this would end badly, Dana got up to his feet and was enraged and coming at Derek with full force. I remember Dana had a gun, but where was it? As I looked around the the bridge I saw it and went over to pick it up. I heard someone go down and I wasn't sure if it was Derek or Dana, but I knew I needed that gun in my possession. I heard another person go down, only this time I looked it was Derek. Dana was kicking him in what seemed like every park of his body, I managed to pull out my cell phone and text Will

Come quick 911 Walker park bridge hurry!

Dana hit derek over the head with a glass bottle, it didn't break but then he made his way over to me. I started to run but he grabed my hand and pulled me back and slapped me across the face.

"Listen up here, you're mine now, and there's two things to need to know. One you will not leave me until I say you can and two you better like it rough.

He shoved me in the trunk over his car, me kicking and screaming. I didn't want to leave Derek at least not in the state he was in. I still had Dana's gun and my cell phone and I wasn't about to let Dana win this fight. I was't about to let Dana live either and I needed to hide the gun and stay awake for as long as possible. If Will didn't get to Derek I would have to go back for Derek and I had escape from Dana. I owned it to Jessie and Melissa to keep Derek safe, and if that ment risking my life to save his, that would be the ultimate fault, but I'd be happy for it our real fault.