C H A P T E R O N E

"Hello?" I said. This has been my fourth interview with a company and so far I haven't been getting good reports.

"Yes, is this Mina Kim? I have wonderful news for you Miss Kim!" The operator on the other line was really enthusiastic.

"YES that's ME! What is it!" My blood was boiling, my body sweating, I was getting super anxious...

"You've got the job! Starting tomorrow, you can start working as the assistant for Mr. Jung Hoseok. I shall send you all the necessary details in an e-mail along with more information regarding your position." I couldn't, I didn't even hear the rest of the sentence. I heard the words, 'You've got the job' and mentally paused myself.

"Um.. okay! Thank you so much!!" I sounded really desperate but happy. I cut the phone and yelled at the top of my lungs! This really was happening! I got a job at the best company in Seoul and as assistant, that comes with a great salary! Things were really looking up!

"WHAT HAPPENED! WHERE IS THE THIEF, I'LL BEAT HIM TO PIECES!" Taehyung came running into my room with a pan in his hands.

We are both roomies in this nice apartment. I know what you're thinking. 'A boy, as your roommate? Have things gotten awkward, did you guys you know..?' Well, you're wrong. We have been best friends since college, and he agreed to let me move in with him so I could get a job, and he is my best friend. We have never been apart for anything.

I ran up to him and grabbed his arms, telling him to relax that nothing happened. I told him to sit down, even though my news will make him stand up again.

"WHY the HELL were you yelling then!" He emphasized.

"Well... I GOT THE JOB!!" I screamed in joy back at him.

"NO WAY!! WHICH COMPANY?! WHAT POSITION?! TELL ME!!" He screamed so loud, I really thought the neighbors were going to come to the door and complain. Before he could yell anymore, I put my palm on his mouth to muffle his yelling.

"GOD! Calm down! I'll tell you." I said.

"I got the position as an assistant at... you won't believe which company..." His eyes getting wider and wider with every word I say.

"At your office! I'm going to be working with you Tae!! You and me in the same office, same almost everything, even though you work with marketing!!" I was getting a little ahead of my self.

He immediately stood up and had this face of unhappiness. I was confused, we are both best friends and the thought of having your best friend working in the same company, for me personally is rewarding.

"No. No this isn't good. This is... GREAT!! We are going to be work buddies!!!" He suddenly turned around and started pumping his fists in the air. Such a typical child. I stood up and smiled while he was still acting like a child. In all honesty, he does look a bit cute, especially with his box smile!

"So, who are going to be the assistant for?" He said.

"Um... I think the lady on the phone said someone about, wait his name is on the tip of my tongue...ah! Jung Hoseok! You know him by any chance?"

"Aish. He is the so called, co-CEO of the company. He is a total asshole. I bid you good luck with him." His alien face and box smile faded. Damn it, why am I stuck with the asshole.

My laptop buzzed. I walked over to check, I saw the e-mail that the lady on the phone was talking about.

"What is it?" Tae asked.

"Oh, it's just the e-mail I was supposed to receive about my new position. Here come take a look with me." He nodded and sat next to me on my bed.

TO: Mina Kim

FROM: NCT Corp.

Subject: Assistant Requirements & Details About Mr. Jung Hoseok

Hello Miss Mina Kim,

Written down here below is all the requirements needed of you to be successful and details about Mr. Jung Hoseok, for who you will be working for.

1. Please arrive on time. Mr. Hoseok doesn't like his staff arriving late.

2. Dress accordingly. Don't try to impress, or look bad at work.

3. Finish ALL work on time. Mr. Hoseok doesn't like late work.

4. You are allowed to call him Hoseok informally as he is fine with it.

5. Attend all meetings along with him, unless told not to do so.

6. After-work office hours should be expected. You might work late at night.

7. Be positive and strong. (a piece of advice from all of the staff). He is annoying.

Thank You,

NCT Corp.

"Well then... good luck Mina!" Tae patted my back with a stupid little grin on his face.

"Hey! I'm sure it's not going to be that bad! I'll do fine." I stated back at him.

"Better hope so. Anyway I'll be back, gotta go grab some groceries." I nodded back at him and he left.

I fell backwards back on my bed and groaned.

"Why ME! Ugh, tomorrow is going to be tough."