43

Picking Simon up for the airport was the highlight of Mackenzie's Monday. Even if it was nearly six in the morning. She was waiting patiently and scrolling through Twitter. "Excuse me?" She turned around quickly and almost bumped into the girls standing in front of her. They were both around fourteen years old, but were nearly as tall as Mackenzie. "Oh my God! It's actually you! You're Mackenzie Bradley!" One of them said slightly loudly, tears visibly clouding her eyes. Mackenzie didn't know what to think at first. She was surprised that she was actually being recognized but was incredibly happy that it was happening. "Oh. Don't cry, please." Mackenzie smiled, opening her arms for the younger girl that had tears in her eyes. The other one was recording on her phone the exchange, not as excited as the other girl but still smiling. She didn't actually know who Mackenzie or the Sidemen were, but she was supportive of her best friend and went with her to speak to Mackenzie for moral support. "What's your name?" Mackenzie asked. She didn't know exactly how to approach the whole 'meeting a fan' thing. She had seen the guys do it once before they got ambushed at Thorpe Park and tried to remember what to say. "I'm Lucy." The girl said as they pulled away from their hug. "It's so nice to meet you." Mackenzie smiled at her. "Can I have a picture?" Lucy asked, holding up her phone. "Yeah, 'course." Mackenzie said, ignoring the fact that her hair was pulled into a messy ponytail and her face was free of makeup. It was annoyingly early, after all. The other girl had stopped recording now, now just standing to the side and waiting for her friend. After taking a few selfies Lucy spoke up, secretly hoping that she wasn't being annoying. "Are you going somewhere?" She asked Mackenzie. Mackenzie was confused at first before remembering they were in an airport terminal. She laughed lightly and shook her head. "No I'm actually picking up -" "ME!" Simon yelling from behind Mackenzie made both girls jump. Lucy's jaw dropped and she was seriously close to sobbing now. From happiness, of course. Simon had been her idol for so long. And through him she was introduced to Mackenzie. "Don't do that." Mackenzie told him, slapping his arm. Simon smiled down at her, letting his eyes flick up and down from her eyes to her lips. He almost leaned in to kiss her. Instead he bit his lip and looked towards the girl in front of them. "Hey." He smiled. "H - Hi." She breathed out. Mackenzie stepped to the side and let the two embrace. She liked watching the exchange, knowing that Simon was a cause of that girl's happiness and knowing that Simon loved and cherished all of his fans. A few minutes later Lucy's mum came and collected her, thanking both Mackenzie and Simon. As soon as Lucy was around the corner and out of sight of the couple, Simon turned to his girlfriend and kissed her. The kiss lasted for a few seconds before they both pulled away. "What was that for?" She asked as Simon grabbed her hand and began walking towards the exit. He shrugged. "I've missed you." He smiled. "Which reminds me, we need to have a very serious talk." He said. "About?" Mackenzie asked, her thoughts immediately going to what she could've done wrong. "That incredibly attractive picture you sent me the other day." He smirked. Mackenzie's eyes went wide as she looked up at him. "There's no need to be embarrassed, love. I quite enjoyed it." He told her, leaning over to place a kiss on her warm forehead. She forced a laugh, pushing her embarrassment away. "I don't need to hear about you wanking in Germany, Simon." She said, trying to get the attention off of her for a bit. Simon laughed. "I think you do, though." He said. She shook her head quickly. "Nope." She said, smiling innocently as she looked up at him. "By the way, Vik and Josh are both at home. So don't try anything once we get there." She added, causing him to pout a bit. "Oh come on. They've got to still be asleep." He protested. Mackenzie sighed, thinking about if they heard them she would never be able to live down that embarrassment. Simon realized how desperate he probably sounded but he didn't really care. After thinking about having sex with his girlfriend the entire weekend he was away, he was with her. And he still wanted to have sex with her. "We'll see." Mackenzie muttered. "We'll see if the boys are asleep or...?" Simon let his voice trail off, raising an eyebrow at her. "We'll see." She repeated, still smiling innocently up at him. Simon rolled his eyes at the lack of clarification, but he really wasn't in the right position to complain. "Can we get some breakfast though? I'm starving." Mackenzie asked as they entered the car park. "Of course." Simon said, beginning to gently swing their intertwined hands back in forth in between them. "Good." Mackenzie nodded as she turned down an aisle of cars. Simon spotted his own Range Rover and smiled. "You drove my car?" He asked. She shrugged. "I don't like driving mine." She admitted. She really just hated being around the vehicle at all. It brought back too many unwanted thoughts. "Well what's mine is yours." Simon said. Mackenzie almost froze, but then snapped out of it and continued walking. "Do you think about us getting married?" She asked bluntly. She hadn't ever really thought about it herself but what Simon just said was something usually married couples used and it made her wonder about if he thought about it often. Simon, however, didn't know how to answer. He had thought about it before but he wasn't sure if telling her that was a good idea. He was worried he'd come across as obsessive or very forward, but really he just knew what he wanted. He was simple like that. And he knew he wanted to marry the girl beside him one day. He decided to tell her what he told himself when the thought of getting married popped itself into his head. "All in time." He said. His voice came out calm and confident and his answer made Mackenzie smile. She had never had a boy think about marrying her because he loved her like Simon did. Nathan wanted to marry her to make her his forever, not because he loved her. "Really? You think we'll get married?" She asked as she pulled the key from her pocket and unlocked the car. Simon was beginning to panic now, afraid he had said the wrong thing. Was he being too clingy? Does she not feel the same way? "I mean I - I hope so. One day." He finally said, watching her face as she held open the back for him to put his things in. She smiled again and he let out a breath. "What about you? Do you want to be married to me one day?" Simon asked after he threw his bag into the back of the car. He was standing in front of her now and reached down to grab her hands. One hand embrace being a bit awkward because she still held the car key. "All in time." She answered, smiling up at him. "Perhaps 'All in time' can be our always?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow at her. She giggled and shook her head. "This whole conversation was already cringey and you just really topped it off." She said, still shaking her head. "Yeah. You're right. Get in the bloody car." He said, smiling as he let go of her hands. They went to their opposite sides of the car and climbed in, a comfortable silence overcoming them as both of their minds were focused on what they had just talked about - getting married.

A/N
Really struggling to find motivation to write so in the meantime I will be reading minizerk fanfictions and hoping to find something that motivates me. Thank you all for the suppport xxx