21 - Getting Serious

A/N: Hey guys! There's a special POV in here for you all.

Hazel POV:

What the Hell just happened?! I stayed there, completely stunned, confused, and passionate. It was somewhat relaxing to have him hold me like that, even though he really shouldn't have. I can't believe Adrian now thinks we're together, and I most certainly don't want to have to act like I'm madly in love with Mr.PokerPlayer.

I circled around the room, curiously peeking in the drawers. There were no family photos, no drawings, no nothing. The only type of decoration I saw was painted guns, hanging from the walls.

Even though I could hear them talking about me, I didn't want to interrupt and get myself into some big mess.

Well, I can't just stay here and do nothing for another three hours. Maybe I should join them.

Walking out of the room, my eye caught Adrian, Ace and other men standing around a table, a sheet of paper laid out in front of them. As I slowly approached the crowd, they all spun around on their heels, coming to face me.

"Eh?" I questioned as I folded my arms over my chest, something a brat would do.
"I don't think we want you to know, go back to the office, kid." A tall man said, showing off his strong Russian accent, skipping all the 'ws' and turning them into 'vs'.
"It's okay, I told you we were bringing an extra pair of hands. What is she to you if she doesn't even know our plan?" Ace said.

ADRIAN POV (:

"Whatever happens out there Ace, you know there will be consequences. Maybe you wouldn't want your pretty little friend to get hurt." I warned, my voice directed at Ace.
"Everyone knew she was coming, did you really think I was just bringing her for the show?" He motioned for her to come over.

Every step she took was hesitant, the wooden floors screeching beneath her feet. "I want to help,"she cleared her throat, obviously accepting the fact her voice was cracked and weak.

"Fine," I chuckled, "you'll be the bait."

Her eyes shot open at once, and Ace growled. "Not funny,"
"Well guess what, we're not all making it out of there alive. Sacrifices will be necessary, and she doesn't seem very useful in any other post."

"I said no." His eyes flashed with anger, rage and power radiating off of him. "We'll stick to the plan, but instead of Joakim going in first, it'll be is two."

Nodding my head, I crossed out Joakim's name on the whiteboard, replacing it with Ace and Hazel.

They really don't know what they got themselves into.