23

So glad that you are back.
Read on !!!

Happy reading !!!

〰〰〰〰〰〰
Danielle

I sat down on my bed with a heavy heart. The letter Raftar left me was still in my bag. I wanted to rip the envelope open and read it.... but i also didn't want to.
It felt as if reading the letter would bring with it a sense of finality. While the rift between us would not be resolved, reading his first and last letter to me would be like an end to our chapter.

I was anxious to read what he had written and also scared to read what words he had left behind for me. What if they were unkind or hateful. My heart began to race just at the prospect of reading it.

I thought back to the conversation i had with her when she came back from school. I had told her about all that had happened over the last two days. I also told her about the letter that Nina gave me that morning.

"Coward," my sister said to me.

"Excuse me ?"

"You are being a coward." she insisted.

"No i am not !"

"Yes you are !!"

"He is the coward. He couldn't have disappeared any faster than he actually did. He ran. Without a word. Just a letter. No confrontation, no talk!"
I insisted , my shorter sentences punctuating the need for her to understand the gravity of the situation.

"He hates me." I continued. "He really hates me. He couldn't wait to even talk. A letter was all he was willing to exchange. My mate hates me."

" Oh boooh ! Stop being so overly dramatic, it is not the end of the world." she scoffed. She actually scoffed at me ! Imagine that !

Julie continued,"That's what YOU think. Open that letter and read it. See what he had to say to you one last time before he left and then we can see what you have to do."

So now i stood up and finally gathered up the courage to read the letter. Julie was right. I was a coward but not anymore. So i got it out of the bag and sat down again.

Danielle,

I still believe you were My Angel. Inspite of everything i want to thank you for bringing me out of my dark place. You may have had your own reasons for getting close to me but these few weeks i spent with you, helped me.

Your betrayal hurts, i won't lie and i won't deny it either, although Father always said that you should never show your enemy your weakness.

I should be used to this by now, one would think, i mean the betrayal, but i guess i can never let go off the hope that one day i will meet someone who is genuine and who truly loves me for who i am, for me.

What happened with you felt like deja-vu because it has happened before. But while the previous time i felt hate, this time i feel disappointed and oddly sad. I would like to believe that inspite of the entire farce that our relationship was, there was a little bit of true friendship that we had developed over the last few weeks.

I am going back home, to Umerah.

I want you to know that i loved you, i truly did. While i always hoped that you would genuinely return my feelings, maybe it was God's will that it never turned into a reality.

Good luck with your position as Luna. I also hope you ace your exams, especially Economics. I still want you to make me proud.
Give my best to Julie and your parents. Have a good life.

But i have a request Dani.
Stay away from me and my family please. I don't want to hear from you ever again. I also don't want to see you again because i don't think i will be able to survive that.
If you ever felt even a tiny bit of emotion towards me, please honour this request.

Good luck for the future.

Raftar

I waited for a sense of dread and despair to wash over me. However it never came. It felt as if the wolf in me had risen to assess the situation rather than cry over it and for that i was thankful. I truly felt as if i had run out of tears. I was tired.... tired of feeling helpless and heartbroken....
So i vowed to move on from this .... move on towards a happy future.

💬🗯💬🗯

Yeah, i know short chapter but it felt right to leave it off at the end of the letter.
I will try to update soon again.

What was the first thing you thought when you read Raftar's letter ?

💜💜
I would love to receive feedback from you all and what you think about the story and also as many votes you all can give for this book.
Don't forget you can vote for as many chapters as you wish to. I really hope you vote for them all.

Please press that little star at the bottom of your screen😊 Thank you ! Remember only one tap per chapter ( if you double tap the vote gets cancelled.)

Follow me on instagram
@si_hudson