5

Birthday party scenes !
Happy reading !!!

〰〰〰〰〰〰
Danielle

"Kareem ! You came! I thought you forgot about my party. I see you have brought your siblings along. "

"Hey Danielle, happy birthday, girl. We brought you a little something from all of us."

"Oh thank you all so much. You really didn't have to take the trouble and thanks for coming. This is a really lovely gift."
It was a gift hamper from The Body Shop, all skin care products.

My eyes connected with Rafe's. He held out his hand in greeting and said, "Hey Danielle, Happy Birthday. Thanks for inviting us. "
The moment our hands connected i felt the sparks. He must have felt them too because i saw his eyes widen before he schooled his features again. "Thanks Rafe. I'm glad you all came."

"Come on i was just about to cut the cake." After greeting Nina as well we all headed to the table. I cut the cake and smiled a goofy smile while everyone sang for me. Some really off tune like my sister. But i was happy. My mate was here along with my family and all my close friends.

Later on i mingled with everyone as the food was laid out but i was itching to head over to my mate to have a proper conversation with him finally. As i was heading towards where Rafe and his siblings were seated i was stopped for the seventh time again ! Exasperated i turned around to see Mark my cousin brother staring at me with wide eyes.
"What's the matter Mark?" I asked.
"I found my mate Dani !"

"Really wow ! That's amazing but why didn't you mention this earlier? Wait back up... you found your mate today ?"

"Yup"

"Right here ? At the party?"

"Yeah!!!"

"Who is it tell me ?" Because now i was really excited.

"It is Anna," he said.

"Oh my God! " i squealed.

I was so happy. Anna would practically become family now and she would finally become part of us ! "Im so happy for you Mark. Truely. "

"Yeah. This means i will have to come to your pack often if i want to win her over."

"You sure will have to ! I am so ecstatic Mark. Anna is an amazing girl. You both will be happy together i am sure."

"Thanks little sister. I just wanted to tell you. I couldn't hold it in anymore. I haven't told anyone else yet."

With this happy news i once again walked towards Rafe determined to atleast become acquainted with him today. "Hey . Are you all comfortable? Do you like the food?" I asked them all but looked at Rafe as i asked the question.
Thankfully he himself replied, "Yea the food is great. Good selection. "
"Thanks ! These are all my favourite dishes."

Kareem and Nina joined in the conversation and we chatted for a while about everything and nothing. After sometime Nina excused herself to go talk to Anna while Kareem headed to get a cold drink.

Rafe then initiated a conversation much to my surprise because so far he had seemed the quiet type- not shy or introvert but just one of those people who didn't speak much.

"So how are you finding college Dani ? May i call you Dani ?"

"Yea sure ! College is good. I have finals in less then a month and then Summer break till final year begins."

"What about you ? What are you doing now ? "

"I am helping out with the family business. I just graduated last year so getting a hang of things back home."

"Where are you from?"

"Umerah. Its a small country in the middle east. We have an established government there now but there is still a ruling monarch and royal family that has control over some matters of state."

"Ohhh. So you are a Son of the Desert."

"Haha.. yeah. I am" he said with a laugh.

"So what was your favourite subject in college ?" I asked him.

"Economics" he answered without hesitation.

I was stunned because that subject was my least favourite. Infact it was my Archilles heel.
"Seriously? Economics"

I went on to tell him just how traumatic i find it and i was not exaggerating.

"If you are having such a problem with it i can tutor you if you wish. You still have a month to salvage things."

"Really? You will help me?"

"Sure , if you want.i am here for a month helping Samira, my youngest sister settle into college. I could spare an hour or two. "

"Thank you so much ! "

"When do you want to start?"

"Tomorrow?" I asked

"Perfect. You are on a month of Study Leave right so does 10 am sound good?"

"Yes that works for me."

"Where do you want to meet, here or the college reading rooms ?"

"Could we meet up here at my home please ?"

"Sure no problem."

I now had a date with my hot mate. Okay okay it is a study lesson but that means i get to spend atleast an hour a day with him. The challenge will be to keep my attention on the subject and not the tutor or else i will surely flunk.

The day ended well. After everyone left i said a sad goodbye to Rafe , Kareem and Nina as they were one of the last guests to leave. I had introduced them all to Mom and Dad without really telling them why i had invited them. But i think mom suspected something.

Later that night i decided to tell mom.
"Hey mom. Thank you for the party today . It was amazing."

"You are welcome my baby. Im glad you enjoyed yourself."

"Mom i found my mate" i just blurted out.

Mom stared at me for a while before saying "oh that's wonderful sweetie. Who is he ? Do we know him?"

"Mom you remember the new guests ? So umm Rafe is my mate"

"That's lovely. He seemed like such a sweet and well mannered boy. Volunteering to help wrap up everything inspite being a guest himself. He is quite handsome too!"

"Yea" i smiled shyly.

"He is human, isn't he ?"

"Yes mom. Which is why i have to tread carefully. I dont want to scare him off . Oh by the way, he even volunteered to tutor me in Economics for this entire month for an hour a day."

"Oh Dani, how nice of him. Good, you study well and try not to get too distracted."

"Yeah Mom. Goodnight. I love you "

"I love you too my baby. Goodnight"

I slept that night with a smile on my face. Tomorrow i will be studying with my mate !

🗯💬🗯💬

Dani is now going to be studying with Rafe's help. Do you think that was a smart choice ? Will she be able to concentrate ?

Guys please do vote, comment and share. One vote is just one little tap away.😊

Follow me on instagram
@si_hudson