Chapter 16

Percy's POV:

Sitting in the back of the limo, we're all laughing at Clint's heated denials as Natasha tells us about one of their stranger missions. Suddenly, the already slow traffic comes to a screeching halt as shockwaves of motion rip through the city. A fire hydrant explodes, almost hitting Tony as he tries to land next to us, but I can only see it from the corner of my eye as Reyna, James, and I have doubled over in pain, clutching at our heads. As quickly as it started it was over. Glancing at Reyna, I can tell that we are in agreement, and I watch as she tells Happy that we need to get to the Empire State Building.

Finally arriving, we leap out of the limo and run inside. For once the gatekeeper of Olympus doesn't hesitate to hand us the key, nor objects to the mortals following me onto the elevator. The way to the 600th floor is worryingly silent with no music coming over the speaker above us. We are surrounded by nothing but the sounds of our own breathing and the whir of the elevator flying up the shaft.

With a quiet ding, the doors open allowing us all into Olympus, well after Reyna admitted the mortal part of the group anyways. The trek to the throne room was agonizingly long, as we made our way through the gilded streets that Annabeth had spent so long designing. Breaching the enormous doors, we cautiously enter the throne room with weapons at the ready. Reyna and I are at the front with the Avengers assembled behind us and James taking up the rear.

The Olympian throne room is a mess, with the gods all seated on their thrones but still looking shaken. Various arguments are thrown around but no one seems to be in the mood for a debate. Seeing that Hestia, who is in her throne by the hearth, seems to be the calmest of the group, I make my way over to her first to ask what happened. Sighing, she gestures for us to gather around her before answering.

"The Underworld was attacked. Whoever did it was extremely powerful and nearly killed Hades. No one can figure out what the attack was for, but Hades believes that they stole something of great value. He sent Thanatos to check and see what it was."

At that the rest of the room grew quiet. I guess that they finally noticed that we were there. Smiling to Hestia, I get up and lead the others to the center of the room, before bowing. Everyone else followed my lead, before looking at Zeus expectantly.

"Perseus Jackson why have you brought mortals onto Olympus?" The king of the gods bellows. Yeesh, when will this dude learn to talk in an indoor voice.

"Well I wouldn't call Reyna or James mortals, but if that's what y-" seeing is glare I decide to cut the sarcasm back a bit, "You told me not to leave the Avengers until I was told I could. Therefore, babysitting duty continues. I'm just following your instructions Lord Zeus." Faint snickers ring out at this, showing that my attempt at lightening the mood worked.

"He is correct, Zeus, he was told to stay by their side and we do need him here. What I'm curious about is who the third demigod is." Stepping forward, James answers.

"My name is James Buchannan Barnes, Lady Athena, and I am a son of Hades from during the war against my pathetic excuse for a half-brother. I have spent the last seventy years in and out of cryo, which is why I am still alive."

"Why are all of Hades kids from a different time? Isn't that kind of weird?"

"Shut up Hermes, he's hot!" Aphrodite hisses, giving James an appraising once over, which then causes Steve to give her the stink eye.

Artemis, who is obviously tired of listening to Aphrodite's whole love shtick, turns and sprays her with a spray bottle full of water. Screeching, the love goddess tries to retaliate by attacking the huntress next to her with perfume. Trying to regain order, Zeus tries to cut in.

"We need to discuss what happened in the Underworld and what we're going to do about it."

Before anyone can say anything else a bright flash lights up the room from behind us. Next the shadows seem to triple, before coalescing into a figure. What, Annabeth gave me one of those word a day calendars one time and I kind of fell in love with them. It's fun to know big words that you can confuse people with and I'm not a kelp head all the time.

"Sorry," a deep voice states as the figures, I can now see that there are two of them, move to stand in front of us. "We heard you mention us."

"Eros, what are you doing here."

"Righting a long neglected wrong, Poseidon. "Don't worry, we made sure no one would be harmed in the process."

"Erebus." Hades gasps, leading to silence filling the room.

"Hephaestus, you might want to summon your son." In a flash he disappears, before reappearing a few seconds later with Leo by his side. Walking over to join us Leo gives me a side hug and an impish grin, both of which I respond to in kind.

"Aquaman."

"Repair Boy."

"As touching as this is, could we please get back to business. I have more interesting things to be doing right now."

Mumbling "like what" under my breath, causing Leo to snicker, I look up towards Dionysus wide eyed and say, "Don't let me stop you. Go ahead, we're not trying to hold anybody up." This of course causes quiet laughter to escape from a few of the gods and goddesses, along with the mortals, and there to be plenty of rolling eyes.

"We simply wanted to return to Percy and Leo something that had been stolen from them."

Eros proceeds to unfurl his wings to their fullest and Erebus's shadows collect behind them. The Avengers watch on in wonderment, marveling at the beautiful yet terrifying sight. When the shadows have dispersed, Eros closes his wings, revealing what the two were hiding. Gasps ring echo throughout the room as everyone sees what was stolen. Immediately, I step forward, catching the council's attention.

"My final wish. I want to use my final wish from the war." Smiling, Hera looks down upon me.

"What do you wish for young hero?"

"My wish is that nothing will be done about what has happened today. The events will be forgotten and everything will be left as it is. This breaks none of the rules you set for me for making my wishes and is well within your power."

"Of course, we shall grant such a small request." Hera states with an air of finality that not even Zeus could hope to counter. Excitement shines in the eyes of everyone in the room.

And then we heard a sharp inhale ricochet through the throne room...

(AN: 1182 words)

Guys this is the second to last chapter of this book! We just have the epilogue left and I just wanted to say that I've loved writing this for y'all so much!

On another note, Taylor Swift just released her new single and I actually had to take a break from writing because I was running in circles screaming cause ohmygods it's so good! I bought it within a minute of it being released cause I have a problem.

QotC: What's some of your favorite fanfics? Cause I'm actually running out and need some good suggestions.