Chapter 9

Bruce's POV:

I watch as the team sits in stunned silence from what I've just told them. Impressively enough, it seems to have made Tony speechless, which is a small miracle in and of itself. In a mock stage whisper I hear Percy whisper "Did you forget your lines?" causing both Hades and myself to start chuckling. Turning serious again I look at Percy with a disapproving glare.

"Percy what was this I heard about you attempting to dramatically storm out after going off on Hades?" At this it seems he has found a new infatuation with counting the dots in the ceiling tiles.

"Um, well, you see, uhhh."

"Percy..."

"Sorry?" Sighing, I begin to rub at my temples in exasperation. Glancing over I see that the team is still processing what just happened.

"Perce when was the last time you got some sleep? Or ate for that matter?"

"Will you be mad if I say I can't remember? For either of those?"

"Perseus Jackson we've been over this already!"

"I'm sorry dad! I've just been kind of busy between helping to run both camps, diplomatic missions for the counsel, slightly less diplomatic missions, going on hunts, and teaching my classes! Then on top of all of that I've been helping Tyson out in the forges and trying to help Grover fix what is still screwed up from the whole ordeal with queen dirtface!" By the time he had finished, I had progressed from rubbing my temples to just having my face in my arms on the table. Then the whispering, well attempted whispering, started.

"Is anyone else really confused?"

"Shut up Tony."

"Nat you now Cap doesn't like that type of language."

"Really Clint. Did you really have to bring that back up?"

"Chill Capsicle, it's called a joke."

"Guys focus."

"Why should we if they're not telling us anyt-" At that an ear-piercing whistle cut through the room causing everyone to cover their ears. Smiling at the silence, I pick my head up off of the table.

"Thank you, Percy. I hope you all realize that you are just further proving his earlier point about you bickering like children. Now Percy I want you, if Lord Hades agrees, to go to Montauk to eat and get some sleep. I will help finish explaining everything here and then meet you there tomorrow."

"I think that would be a grand idea Bruce. Percy you're just as bad as Nico used to be. Now go on, and Percy? Do try and avoid killing the mortals; their presence is necessary, annoying as it is."

"No promises. Bye Dad, Uncle." At that Percy disappeared into a cloud of sea smelling mist.

"Now that that has been taken care of," Fury starts, "would you like to continue where you left off Lord Hades?"

"Alright, I will just get to the point since I am assuming that the rest of this 'team', a term I am using lightly, is unaware of the truth of the world. You see, there are more than one pantheons. Of course, there is the Norse, which you have been exposed to, but also Greek, Roman, and many others. I am Hades, Lord of the Underworld and Olympian god. The boy, Percy, is the only living demigod son of my brother, Poseidon, Lord of the seas, earth shaker, and also an Olympian god. Perseus is the twice savior of Olympus, among other things, and one of the oldest surviving demigods after the wars. I may not get along with my brothers, but Percy is my favorite of my nephews. Therefore, if I find out you have caused him harm in any way, I will see to it that you face an eternity in the Fields of Punishment." This causes there to be multiple audible gulps to be heard throughout the room and nearly everyone is wide eyed, even the assassins. "That boy has been through more than any person should have to go through and I will not have anyone causing him more pain. Now, I believe that that is all. Bruce, it was lovely seeing you again."