Chapter 12

AN: It's ALIVE! No but seriously I'm sorry that I kinda disappeared. I got really stressed with finishing school and AP exams and just life got really hard for a little while and yeah but I'm back to wreak emotional havoc so muahahaha... Btw I am physically incapable of watching the music video for this song without crying cause feels. Any-who, onward with the story!!

Percy's POV:

After showering I head upstairs to rejoin the others in the main house. Seeing everyone sitting down on the couches in the living room I go to sit next to dad on the couch. Looking around I realize that I don't know everyone, which I point out to dad, who then introduces everyone. First up is Natasha who is on his other side with Clint perched on the arm of the couch beside her. Next in the circle of seats are Steve and Tony, each in a chair on either side of our couch. Wanda, Vision, and Rhodey are on the other couch across from us on the other side of the small table which is in the middle.

"Perce you still look tired, did you get any sleep like I asked?" Dad says quietly.

"Of course I did, almost five whole hours this time. Even with the dreams cause of the anniversary, that's more than I expected."

"Good, you need the sleep with everything going on. Who was it this time?"

"Wait did I hear that right?" Tony butts in. "Did the good doctor really just commend someone for getting five hours of sleep? If I got that little sleep he would yell at me." Laughing, I look towards Tony.

"Trust me, it's an improvement." Turning back to my dad I answer him next. "It was Beckendorf at first but that of course lead to Silena, which lead to Luke, then that reminded me of Annabeth and you can probably guess where it went from there. At that point, I woke up and went downstairs to work out and did until you got here."

"So, what I'm hearing is that you haven't eaten."

"What that's-"

"Uh no go eat and don't come back until you've had at least a full meal."

"But-"

Glaring at me he just points towards the kitchen. Giving in I sigh and head to make myself food, ignoring the snickers coming from those assembled behind me.

Steve's POV:

We all watch as Percy leaves to go eat. Once he's gone, I turn towards Bruce and ask him what Percy meant. I ask what the nightmares were about. Why five hours of sleep is considered an improvement. After the questions, I see a shadow cross Bruce's face, a look of grief shining through his normally calm façade. After a moment, he begins to tell us the tale.

Bruce tells us of two brave boys who went on a recon mission. Of a spy who blew their cover. Of an explosion and the sole survivor. Of a young boy who had to tell a girl that her boyfriend, no her fiancé, sacrificed his life so that they all could have a chance to live. Of a girl, heartbroken that her folly cost her the life of her true love. Of a girl who gave her life by switching sides and saving everyone. Who turned the tide of a war against a boy who just wanted his father's love. Of a boy who betrayed everyone but save them in the end. Of a boy who killed himself to kill the monster possessing him.

He told the story of a girl whose brother figure died in front of her. A girl whose boyfriend disappeared. A girl who did the impossible to save her family. A girl who was saved from one fate only to later fall to the very monster they were trying to stop. Of a boy who fell into hell to save his true love. A boy who had lost so much already. A boy that was too late to save them all. A boy that could only sleep for fifteen minutes before being awoken in terror from the PTSD he received for his heroics. A boy that was still struggling to recover from his past. A boy that protects them all yet has no one left to be protected by.

By the end of the story no one knew what to say. We all knew that the life of a demigod was dangerous, yet no one realized the true extent of the horrors faced by ones so young. That the kid assigned to unite our team was so broken but still stood tall.

Wanda was curled into Vision's side, holding onto him like he was her lifeline. Clint and Natasha's hands were gripped together so tightly that their knuckles were white. Tony was pale and Rhodey had tears in his eyes. Bruce was slouched over with tears dripping from his eyes and I felt numb. How could one so young go through so much pain yet still be so strong.

"What, what do you mean he fell into hell?" Natasha whispered, almost like she was afraid to ask. The great Black Widow, scared of the answer, afraid of what else could have possibly happened to such a vibrant young man.

"Tartarus. Annabeth was being dragged down by Arachne's web. Percy saw what was happening and dove forward to cut the strand wrapped around her ankle. He managed to get some ice to form over Annabeth's waist, keeping her from falling over, but it was too late for him. He fell. I don't know what happened down there, he won't tell anyone.

All that I do know is that Nico, Percy's cousin and the only other person to ever survive the pit, says that time works differently there. A day here could be a month there, or a year, or a lifetime. Percy was down there for eight days our time. And based off of the scars and trauma that appeared after the war, I would assume his time wasn't short, nor peaceful. Grover, Percy's best friend who he shares an empathy link, only got bits and pieces every now and then. Most of the time the link might as well have not been there. But what did come through, what did come through were things no one could wish on even their worst enemy."

As we sit quietly and think over what Bruce said, Percy comes back into the room, sipping on a coke and taking bites out of a sandwich. Glancing around no one will look at him, but everyone is watching the hero out of the corner of their eye. I try to discretely stare at him as he moseys on over to Bruce's side.

"So, now that were done talking about me, can we get started on doing the actual thing that you came here to do?" he snarks at us, plopping down onto the couch and looking around, a grin on his face. This is going to be interesting."

(AN: 1111 words)

So this kinda ended up having more feels than I planned on so sorry about that. It should start lightening up some next chapter I promise! Also sorry again that it took so long to update but school is done (yaaas), I have graduated (*enter monsters university gif here*(you know the one)), and I am no longer on vacation (there was like no wifi... I died) so I should be updating more often. The next chapter should be up in the next few days and I'm planning on finishing this before school starts up (because college is going to be the death of me for like the first few months).

Who is your favorite Marvel character?

My top three are definitely my queen Natalia Alianovna Romanova, the bae Clinton Francis Barton, and the literal goddess Darcy Lewis.