Prologue

Percy's POV

Run. Keep running. That's all that flashes through my mind as I race down the stairs. Tears stream down my five-year-old face as my mother's screams echo behind me. We never thought that he would really do it. I mean he threatened to all the time, but I never thought that he could really be so heartless. Almost to the door, begin to hear sirens, my mother's cries for me to run beginning to fade. Right as I reach the door, throwing it open, I see a police officer with wide eyes before there is a sharp pain in my head and everything goes dark.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the world begins to fade back into focus, I see a worried face hovering in front of me.

"Can- hear me? Kid, can you hear-? Please nod or move your hand if you can hear me? I need you to show me a sign." Finally understanding what they want from me through the fog, I slowly nod my head. Looking around I see Smelly Gabe being shoved into the back of a police car.

"Wh-where's my mom?" I ask, realizing that she isn't one of the people hovering around the cot I am sitting on. Faintly I hear someone say that they were too late, that she didn't make it, before I slowly drift back into unconsciousness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next time I wake up I am in the police station. Vaguely in the background I hear the cops discussing someone named Banner and how they need to contact him to come get me. It's not long before my eyes drift shut again, avoiding the truth of what happened.

Dream

I am sitting in bed as mommy tucks me in. I remember asking her to tell me a story. She tells me about her best friend growing up, Bruce, and how if anything were to happen to her, then he would swoop in like a super hero and save me. I asked her what could possibly happen to her, and she didn't know, just responding that he was my godfather, just in case of an emergency.

I never thought that the emergency would happen.

Never thought that one day my mommy would be gone.

Never thought that Smelly Gabe would follow through on his threats.

Never thought that he would kill her and then try to kill me too.

Gasping, I shoot upwards, trying not to burst into tears. A policeman runs over and tries to calm me down, but it doesn't work. Next thing I know, warm arms are wrapped around me and a soft voice whispers that everything is going to be okay. Slowly relaxing, I eventually glance up to see kind brown eyes staring down at me, and the same soft voice telling me that his name is Bruce Banner and that my mommy had written down that if anything happened to her, he would adopt me. Sniffling, I nod and say that that is alright with me, before we get up, with him carrying me, and go fill out some paperwork.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is the beginning of my life as the son of Bruce Banner.

A few months later, there was an accident, giving Bruce the alter ego of the Incredible Hulk.

When I was twelve, we found out that I was a demigod.

At sixteen I won my first war.

A few months later I was kidnapped by Hera.

By the time I was seventeen I had been to Tartarus and back on my own, after saving Annabeth (A/N: I changed the story here a bit), and I had won my second war.

The story truly begins after I return home to my dad, Bruce Banner.