Chapter 14

Percy's POV:

After dropping Will off to pick up the baby from Clarisse's care, I returned to answer some of the nitwits', I mean heroes', questions. Nico and I explained that Arabelle was a daughter of Ares whose mother died from complications during birth. Nico and Will agreed to adopt her after she was brought to camp. We then, with the help of James, went on to explain how he was the son of Hades, but had only received some of his father's less common powers.

Similar to Nico, James had the whole underground navigation, sensing death, and shadow manipulation things, but he couldn't control the dead or shadow travel. Instead he could induce pure terror in others, ease the pain of death, and had mild glaciokinesis or control over ice and the cold, which was how he survived the fall from the train. Eventually we explained the whole powers thing and went on to talk about how Nico was still, well, a teenager.

After eight more days, Tony and Steve finally were deemed non-hostile by the magical jail cell and were released. The rest of the avengers spent that time relaxing and enjoying a vacation at the beach while I tried to keep up with my various duties. Hehehe duties. Once everyone had packed up the stuff that they brought with them, we all headed back to Avengers tower.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony's POV:

"Hey kid!" I shout as I walk into the living room where the others are all sitting.

"What do you want Stark?"

"We all have to go to a charity gala on Saturday."

"Yeah so..." Ugh this kid knows nothing of high society functions.

"So, you need a date. Natashalie and Clint go together, Cap and Bucky, Me and Pep, Bruce and Betty, Wanda and Vision, everyone has a date but you." Sitting down I put my elbows on my knees and my chin in my hands. "Now spill, who are you gonna bring?"

"Ummm..."

"Red?" Bruce asks looking at Percy.

"Can't, she's in Italy for a function with her dad."

"What about Thalia?"

"I would rather avoid being struck by more of Pinecone face's lightning or being turned into a pincushion again." A look of contemplation comes over Brucie-bear's face at that. Wait lightning?

"Who's Red and Thalia?" Steve asks quietly, looking up from his sketchbook.

"Thalia is my cousin, a daughter of Zeus, and a hunter of Artemis. Red is Rachel Elizabeth Dare, also known as the newest host for the oracle of Delphi. Dad, wha-"

"Wait as in Dare Enterprises Dare?"

"Yes Tony. Now as I was saying Dad, what if I asked the Queen of Rome?" Queen of Rome? There isn't a queen of Rome. What is this kid talking about? Maybe I should ask JARVIS. But then again Natashalie might actually murder me if I interrupt again since this is one of the first times we've actually gotten information on the kid since we heard his story.

"I bet she would agree Perce. She does owe you a favor from the whole ordeal with the paint bucket, glitter cannon, and rogue chicken last time the Party Ponies visited."

"True, I'll go IM her and ask."

At that the kid got up and went into the kitchen, leaving us to ponder who this girl is and what exactly could have happened that involved those items. And how exactly can I arrange to meet these so called 'Party Ponies' they were talking about?

Once Percy returned, saying that his friend agreed to come we all moved on to talk about other topics. Natahsalie and Clint speaking in eyebrow from across the room while discussing weapons and fighting techniques with Capsicle, Robocop, and the kid. Bruce and Betty were talking to Wanda and Vision about something... I can't hear... dang. Meanwhile, Pepper and I are discussing important things such as the fact that she says that I can't just buy a private island in the Caribbean all because I want to take her on vacation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clint's POV:

The night of the gala we all are standing around in the common room waiting for Percy to get back from picking up his date. He still won't tell us who it is and that, combined with Tasha not letting me go in the vents or any of my usual perches due to this monkey suit, is driving me nuts. All of the guys are in black tuxes with a tie in the same color as out date's outfit. Except, of course, for Percy and myself who are wearing bowties, 'cause bowties are cool. The walking museum exhibits are wearing silver ties, Tony has red, Bruce green, Percy had on purple, mine is black, and Vision has Burgundy.

 The walking museum exhibits are wearing silver ties, Tony has red, Bruce green, Percy had on purple, mine is black, and Vision has Burgundy

(AN:These are the girl's gala outfits)

When Percy finally shows up with a beautiful girl beside him, I can practically hear the surprise the others are feeling. Which is impressive, considering I don't have my hearing aids in yet. I'm pretty sure that Tony actually asked if Percy brought a goddess as his date. Putting in my hearing aids, I tune into the conversation just in time to hear Percy introduce the girl.

"Guys this is Reyna Avila Ramírez-Arellano, daughter of Bellona, Praetor of New Rome, and all around total badass. Reyna these are the Avengers, Natasha Romanov, Clint Barton, Tony Stark, Wanda Maximoff, Vision, Steve Rogers, Nico's older brother Bucky Barnes, you know my dad Bruce, and that's his girlfriend Betty Ross. Last but definitely not least is Tony's better half, Pepper Potts."

After being introduced, Pepper stepped forward and took charge, saying that we were going to be late if we didn't leave now. Once we were down in the limo headed to the gala, I decide to ask Percy a question.

"So, Perce, are you and Reyna dating?" At that everyone goes quiet to hear the answer as the two look at each other, before bursting into laughter. Once they calmed down a little, Percy tries to answer but can't since he keeps laughing, so Reyna takes over.

"No, we aren't dating. I used to like Percy back when he was my co-Praetor, but let's just say that after a while I decided that even though I bat for both teams I prefer to... uh... swing the other way."

"Psh, yeah." Percy butts in. "You and Thals sure found out a loophole around the whole 'swearing off men' thing that the hunters do. Ow! Stop! Reyna stop hit- ow! Would you stop hitting me! You know it's true, you two aren't very subtle."

Before anyone (aka Percy) can be beaten to death, Pepper butts in and tells us that we are about to pull up, so to behave. This night will either go really well, which is not likely, or it will go up in flames. Beautiful, explosive, chaotic flames. Which, of course, means I get to kick some butt and watch Nat make poor, stupid men rue the day they pissed her off while she is wearing her murder stilettos. This will be excruciating fun.

(AN: 1174 words)

AN: When your life is actually a small scale disaster but you're really good at pretending you have your shit together so no one ever believes you. Guys I leave for college in a month and I'm legit spazzing like ohmygoodness I'm gonna die.

QotC: What is your favorite spoof movie?

AotC: I have literally watched Spaceballs so many times I have most of it memorized and I can't tell if thats sad or not.