Chapter Thirty One

Chapter Thirty One

Lillian

She walked away from his house with a sad smile on her face.

She did not want to leave, but the crazy bitch she called her stepmother was not going to take no for an answer.

When the tan mini van pulled up, Lillian got in, her smile slowly fading.

"What's going on - " she began, but was rudely cut off by Nadine.

"It's over, for good. Your father and I are finished!"

The smile started appearing back on her face. This was good news to Lillian. She'd been waiting to hear this since the moment she went to live with her father and stepmother.

"Divorce?" she asked even though she already knew the answer.

"Yes," Nadine snapped as she put the car in reverse and whipped the wheel around, nearly hitting the curb.

Shit. Lillian thought. She must be really mad.

"All over that ring, that stupid fucking ring!" Nadine screamed. At that point she was already at the end of Luke's street. She was going at least twenty miles over the speed limit.

Lillian was beginning to feel a little bit nervous.

"Slow down," she choked out.

"Don't tell me what to do!" Nadine screamed even louder, as she whipped the car around a corner, this time hitting the curb.

Lillian felt her body jerk to the side, resulting in hitting her head rather hard on the window. She put her hand up to it, wincing in pain as she felt where she was hit. Her eyes wandered over to Nadine, who looked like she had no intention of stopping the car, or slowing down.

"Please," she mumbled, tears now falling from her eyes.

Her eyes were glued to Nadine. Lillian began to breathe intensely. She began to feel her body losing itself.

"Stop." she whispered.

Her eyes finally tore themselves away from the vicious stepmother. She looked towards the road, which was soon coming to an end.

A tree was the last thing she saw in her vision, before everything she'd ever known turned to darkness.

-

Luke

His eyes began to water, he felt his throat go dry. He couldn't speak, or move. His body felt as if it was completely paralyzed. His knees fell to the ground, where he let out a scream. He banged his fists on the ground as tears began to escape his eyes.

"Sir you need to leave, now!" the police officer from before spat.

Calum had exited the car at that point. He knelt before Luke, putting his hands on his friends shoulders.

"Luke," Calum whispered as he helped Luke stand up. "We need to go."

Luke didn't say anything. His mouth remained shut. He didn't sob aloud, or scream. Although he really felt that it was necessary, he didn't.

Calum began to drive on an unusual road. It wasn't the way to school. In fact, it was in the complete opposite direction.

"Where.. Where are we going?" Luke choked out. It was the first words he had spoken since what he had seen.

"The hospital, Luke. I'm taking you to see her."

Luke felt himself begin to cry even harder. This time, it wasn't a silent sob. He cried loudly, choking on his breath because of how overwhelmed he was.