Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Luke

Three long, miserable days had passed, and Lillian was still ignoring him. They'd been skipping tutoring for the past couple days, but he understood why.

Luke still waited though, hoping that at least one day Lillian would show up to tutoring. He started to get his hopes up, but who could blame him? Luke was dying to talk to her.

"Luke, she isn't going to show up," Mrs. Conley sighed, giving Luke a look of sympathy.

"I know." He groaned, shoving his face into his hands.

"I'm sorry Luke. I've tried to get her to come. But she won't budge,"

"I understand. She's mad at me,"

Before he could say anything else, the bell rang for first period. Luke grabbed his bag and exited the room, not saying anything else to his teacher.

"Hey," Calum stopped Luke in the hall, following him to his locker.

"Hi." Luke yawned. He was tired, he'd barely gotten any sleep the night before. And the night before that. All he'd been thinking about lately was Lillian.

"Come on Luke, cheer up. It's Friday! We have our country club gig tomorrow." His friend said excitedly.

"I know, I'm excited," Luke half smiled.

"Start acting like it then. Oh and, Sabrina is having a party tonight. You're gonna come, right?"

"Yeah, sure." He nodded. Perfect, just what he needed. To be surrounded by a bunch of thirsty girls who would try and get with him, when he only had his eyes on one girl. A girl who most likely hated him.

"Good! I'll see you there then, maybe I can pick you up since I got my license." Calum said before walking off, since the bell would be ringing any minute.

When Luke walked into photography, he nodded at Miss Oliver politely. The moment he got to his seat, he put his head down. Luke wanted to do nothing other than sleep.

When class ended, Luke sighed, knowing that this was going to be a long day.

-

By the time school was over, all anyone was doing was talking about Sabrina's party. Luke and his friends were set on going, but he wasn't planning on getting any action.

Michael being Michael, had tried to convince Luke to hookup with someone. But he couldn't, not with Lillian constantly on his mind.

"So apparently Anna Cline wants to hookup with you," Calum told Luke, with a huge grin covering his face.

"I'm not interested," Luke shrugged it off.

"You have to get over Lillian at some point." Calum sighed, as if reading his friends thoughts.

Luke knew he was right, he just didn't want to accept it. He had hope that Lillian would talk to him sometime soon, but his hopes were slowly staring to fade.

"The party is starting now! Let's go," Michael screamed as he almost fell down the stairs to Luke's basement.

"I'm so ready for this. I'm gonna try and get to know Sabrina better," Calum grinned.

Luke gulped, looking over at Michael. The two both didn't say anything. Calum was still oblivious to how Sabrina really was, even though his friends tried to convince him otherwise.

Dropping the subject completely, Luke and his friends left for the party. Even though it didn't seem like it, Luke did want to let loose at least a little bit and have fun.