Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

Lillian

"Will you please tell me where we're going?" She begged, probably for the tenth time that night. Luke had her blindfolded, so she couldn't see where they were going. She was literally blindfolded.

"It's a surprise, you have to wait." Luke giggled devilishly.

"But I don't like being surprised," she whined.

"Well I promise, you'll like this one."

Luke had to help her walk, since she literally could not see where they were going. A thick headband covered her eyes since Luke didn't have an actual blindfold. She was kind of able to see her feet as they walked on the sidewalk, but that didn't help much. She still couldn't put a finger on where Luke was taking her.

"We're here!" He said excitedly. "You can take the blindfold off now."

When her eyes were revealed, Lillian looked around in awe. Luke had taken her to a put-put range, where eighteen complicated golf holes were set up. No way in hell was she going to be able to do this.

"You didn't," she laughed.

"What? Don't you like mini golf?" Luke smiled.

"It's not that," she told him. "I'm just really bad at it."

"I'll let you win then." He winked.

After the first five holes, Lillian was winning, only because Luke was letting her. Although she tried to convince him to play fair, he wouldn't budge.

When they got to the last hole, which was extremely hard, Lillian gulped. The prize if won was two free ice cream cones - which would be absolutely perfect for their date.

"Hmmm," Luke smirked. "You think you can get this?"

Laughing, Lillian eyed the hole in between the windmill, which was spinning somewhat fast. There was no way she was going to get the golf ball through there, without it hitting the mill. It could just come rolling back.

"Probably not," she laughed.

"Give it a try. I could really go for some free ice cream right about now." Luke joked.

"Fine," she sighed dramatically.

Positioning the small golf club so it was next to the ball, she swung but missed the ball. Groaning, Lillian turned towards Luke with a pout on her face.

"Here baby, I'll show you." He smiled warmly.

Baby.

He had never called her by that name before. Her heart fluttered from the sound of it.

"You can't move your whole body when you swing the club, it won't work well that way. You have to only move your shoulders." He explained.

Doing as said, she swung at the ball and surprisingly, got it past the windmill. She made it in.

"Free ice cream here we come!" Luke yelled with joy, watching as a siren started to go off signaling that the ball had went in.

An employee with the name tag of Jaylen walked over to them, a sweet smile on her face. "Wow," she said. "You two are the first in awhile to actually make that one."

"Props to the lovely lady." Luke formally said. He had a goofy smile on his face, which Lillian absolutely adored.

"You two seem like a really great couple," Jaylen said. "How long have you been together?"