Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Luke

Homecoming was two days away, and Luke was more than excited. His mum rented him a tux, which she knew would look good on him. He didn't have a date, but that didn't bother him. Girls would be throwing themselves at Luke, so why take one girl when he could have five?

The songs were coming together pretty good too. Rejects was finished, and overall the band was proud of it. They perfected their cover of I Miss You by Blink 182, and a few others as well. Calum was working on a song called Superhero, another finished song that would be played at the dance. Luke and his mates were shaking with excitement.

Thursday morning couldn't go by any slower, Luke thought, as he and Lillian sat in Mrs. Conley's room for the days tutoring session. As for Lillian, she'd actually been showing up to school this week. It surprised Luke, and Mrs. Conley as well.

He still couldn't tell how the two knew each other, but there had to be some kind of history. Mrs. Conley was a nice person from what Luke saw of her, but Lillian obviously saw differently. Whenever their maths teacher would just speak to herself, Lillian would curse under her breath or scoff. Luke didn't understand, and even though it wasn't any of his business, he couldn't help but feel nosey. He was just that type of person.

"Soooo," Luke spoke once Mrs. Conley was out of the room. He only talked about maths when she was in the room, because she didn't get too happy when he got off topic. "Are you going to homecoming?" Luke asked curiosly.

Lillian nodded, breaking eye contact with her equation and locking eyes with Luke. "Yes. Are you?"

To Luke's surprise, Lillian was actually making conversation. Whenever he asked her a question, Lillian never replied with straight forward answers. And, she never kept a conversation going. But this time she actually replied with one, and Luke was satisfied. He still knew nothing about her, but no matter what he wanted to get to know her.

Luke scoffed a little. Did she really just ask if he was going to homecoming? Of course he was, he was the Luke Hemmings. And Luke Hemmings would never miss something as important as this.

"Duh, of course I am." Luke replied with a cocky tone.

Lillian, who seemed a little taken aback by his tone, raised her eyebrows confusingly. "Why say it like that?"

Luke softened up a little once he realized how much of a dick he probably sounded like. Shit, he thought. Not a good way to their first actual conversation. "Oh, I uh - my band is playing at homecoming, so I wouldn't miss it,"

Once the word band came out of Luke's mouth, Lillian started to look.. interested. "Oh, you're in a band? What kind of music do you play?"

Yes. Yes yes yes! Luke was screaming internally. He and Lillian's first real conversation was going great, and he was hoping that it would last awhile before Mrs. Conley came back into the room.

"We're uhm, were punk rock," Luke lied. 5 Seconds Of Summer was nowhere near punk rock, he only really told people that to look cool.

"Punk rock? You don't pass me as that kind of guy." Lillian laughed a little, which immediately offended Luke.

He hated when people dragged on his band, especially since he's worked so hard to get where he was at. But, he wasn't sure if Lillian was serious, since she was laughing. A ding went off in Luke's brain.

He forgot all about the offensive comment, with another thought in mind. His photography project.

Right at that moment, when Lillian was laughing, would've been a picture perfect moment. But since she was actually looking at him, he knew that he couldn't sneak one. So far, he wasn't getting much done with the project.