Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

Lillian

To her surprise, the little reunion with Luke's mum was a success. She and Liz did not know much about each other, simply because Lillian had not been around Liz that much before she moved to Italy.

The two were learning lots of small details and facts about each other. Liz loved to knit, and even offered to teach Lillian how to do so. She was also a maths teacher at a grade school in the area, which explains why Luke is so good at the subject. Her favorite animal  was a horse, a childhood favorite, was how she explained it. Horse back riding was something that Liz used to do regularly. She would take Luke along with her when he was kid, even though he complained dramatically that he didn't like it.

Lillian opened up about her mum. She felt comfortable talking about it, which was something that was a struggle for her before. She described her mum to be a beautiful brown eyed, blonde haired woman who was an amazing singer. Her mum played the cello as well as the violin, and she was quite amazing at the both of them. Her love for classical music was something that Lillian did not inherit. Her music taste was all over the place, ranging from mostly pop music to some bits and pieces of country music. That is, before Luke showed her bands that completely changed that perspective.

Lillian also talked about her father and his love for art and photography. Phil's work was all over the place, ranging from dark and mysterious photographs to bright and colorful paintings. When Liz had asked what Lillian liked to do, she didn't really have an answer. Most of the stuff she tried, she wasn't very good at. Her parents were extremely talented, but unfortunately Lillian did not inherit any of their talent.

She liked reading, but only for parts at a time. Lillian would either read a whole book in one day, or not read at all for months. There was no in between. It was a hard question for her to answer, so Liz tried to suggest things that Lillian could start looking into, things that she would possibly be good at.

It was helpful and Lillian really did appreciate it. She was starting to feel as if she had a motherly figure in her life all over again, which was something she didn't have for awhile. Nadine wasn't ever really a mother to Lillian - the two could barely talk about anything without it turning into a screaming match. Liz on the other hand though, seemed like a good listener and someone that would listen to Lillian when she needed to talk.

"You know you can come to me or Luke at any time, whenever something is going on," Liz smiled, as if she was reading Lillian's thoughts.

"I know. Thank you," she smiled back.

Lillian glanced over at Luke, who had a grin of satisfaction covering his straight face. She smiled back at him, feeling the same satisfaction as him.

"Well, I have to get ready for bed, Andy should be home from work at any time now. Goodnight kids!" Liz chirped, and up the stairs she went.

"So," Luke said once his mum was out of hearing range. "It's just us now."

"Yep," Lillian smirked. "What should we do about that?"

"I've got something in mind."

Before Lillian could say anything else, Luke grabbed her by the waist and tossed her over his shoulder. Her arms dangled midair as her stomach laid on Luke's shoulder blades.

"Put me down!" Lillian laughed loudly.

"Shhh," Luke whispered. "Mum is sleeping."

By the time the two lovebirds were in Luke's room and on his bed, their clothes were almost completely removed. Lillian's shirt and shorts were thrown across the room, as well as Luke's muscle tee and skinny jeans. Their lips were colliding faster than the beat of their hearts, making Lillian feel her youth.