Chapter Twenty Three

Lillian

Two days into her journey in Italy, and not once had she heard from Luke. She assumed that he was going to be the one to act on it, the one to make the first move. She was wrong though, because he hadn't called her once, or even texted.

She figured he just needed some time.

She also needed some time. The minute Lillian and her family arrived at their new home, the homesick feeling had started to sink in. She immediately missed Australia, and it really made her mad that her father and Nadine liked Italy more. This place wasn't home, it was just apart of her dad's job.

Although Lillian hated her new home, she did admit that it was a beautiful house. Nicer than her old one, actually. It was two stories, which for whatever reason Lillian didn't understand. How the hell did her parents manage to afford this place? Her father was an artist, which paid a lot but obviously not as much as she realized. Nadine was a teacher, so therefore her paychecks weren't so great.

Outside the brick house they were met by a large wooden maroon colored door. It was a weird color for a door, but somehow it fit. It didn't look as bad as Lillian had thought it would.

Inside they were met with a fancy looking living room. It was definitely the definition of a rich person house. In front of them were two couches, both cream colored. In the middle of the couches laid a fine marble coffee table, one that looked so fragile that just the slightest touch would shatter it. The living room was combined with the dining room and kitchen, making it all one room. It was the type of house that was usually seen in movies.

The dining room table was a beige color, with maroon cushioned seats. It didn't seem like the colors should go together, but somehow it fit together perfectly. Lillian didn't understand it. A flat screen television was attached to the wall - being the biggest TV that Lillian had ever seen in her life. How the hell did her parents afford this - was all that flowed through her mind when she saw the house. 

Then there was the kitchen. Tiled floors, as well as black marble counter top that contained a set of bar stools. The refrigerator was one that had the freezer on the bottom, while the refrigerator part was on top. It was humongous. 

Across from the dining room table was a set of stairs, which led to the upstairs part of the house. Three rooms were spread out across the long hallway. There were two bedrooms, which were obnoxiously large. The room that would be Lillian's was painted white, and inside laid a queen sized bed with a brown headboard. The comforter was navy blue and thick; it was definitely something that would keep Lillian warm at night. A colorful dream catcher was attached to the wall, hanging right next to a flat screen television that was bigger than Lillian needed. She didn't understand why her parents had bought a house that was already furnished. The things they had in their old house would have been perfect for the large new house.

Nadine and Phil's bedroom was the complete opposite of Lillian's. It was much more elaborate.

The sky blue colored walls weren't the only thing that made the bedroom pop. There was a large window in front of the bed, one that resembled what would be seen in a castle. It was beautiful. The bed was a king size, just like the one Nadine and Phil had back in Australia. Its dark red comforter really did not go with the sky blue walls, but it was whatever made them happy. 

Across from both bedrooms was an office, most like to be used by Lillian's father. She could easily picture his photographs and paintings spread across the walls. The thought of seeing her father so amazed at his work made Lillian happy.

But that wasn't all to this house. Of course there had to be more.

Below the living room level, there was a basement that contained a laundry room. The rest seemed like it should've been more like a storage space than a room, but of course it was more unique than that.