Chapter Twenty

“Harry, I don’t know what to wear for tonight?” I frantically searched in my suitcase for something casual, yet elegant. 

“Han, whatever you wear will be fine.” Harry replied the same response for what must have been the fourth time within a minute. I had now been touring with Harry for a week. Paparazzi taking pictures left and right as Harry and I tried to enjoy some time out of the hotel we were at. Tonight was the first show, kicking off the band’s new tour.

“You know, you really don’t help that much.” I jokingly told Harry as I finally found the perfect outfit. A taupe colored, three quarter length sleeved dress with a scoop neck. I paired it with a pair of woven flats and I finally made sure my brown and red curls were perfectly placed.

“You look gorgeous.” Harry said as I walked out of the bathroom after perfecting the finishing touches on my makeup and hair.

“Well you don’t look too shabby yourself, Har.” I chuckled, my laugh echoing like always. Harry placed a kiss on my cheek.

“I love you so much.”

“Alright boys, and Hanna,” Paul added my name to the people he was addressing. “We are all going to get onto the bus, get over to the venue, do sound check, and then you’ll have some free time before tonight’s show.” All six of us nodded. Harry quickly grabbed my hand and followed behind Louis, Zayn, Liam, and Niall to the bus. 

Harry and I settled into our usual spots in the bus, his arm wrapped around me as the other boys talked amongst themselves. I still felt like I was barging into their lives, overstaying my welcome that wasn’t even there to begin with. “You alright?” I looked up from my hands that were in my lap to see Niall looking back at me from his seat. I was a little taken back by his concern. None of the boys, except Harry of course, had really talked to me, some would even say ignore, since they found out I was going on the entire tour.

“Um, yeah.” I nodded my head, my brows slightly furrowed. “Yeah, I’m fine.” Harry was now looking at me, knowing that I was lying. 

“Alright,” Niall turned back to the other boys that were in the front and continued his conversation.

“Hanna,” Harry started, wanting to know what was wrong. Of course, I didn’t want to tell him, feeling that I would just be bombarding him with complaints. “I know you and I know that you were lying.” Harry sighed, bringing me closer to his body. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing, I’m fine. I was just thinking about stuff,” I tried to think of some subject that I could have been in deep thought about. “Wedding stuff.” I smiled. Harry sighed again, obviously seeing right through the lie, but not wanting to make me any more upset, he dropped the subject.

“Okay, babe. Well, you just continue to think away for our big day.” Harry smiled back at me, playing along.

“That was amazing, as always.” I ran up to Harry and gave him a kiss. The band had just finished sound check and they sounded amazing. I sat out where the audience would soon sit, getting the full effect before tonight, where I would stand backstage.

“Thank you gorgeous.” Harry kissed the tip of my nose before taking a sip out of his water bottle. “Now, let’s go do something for the next two hours before the show.” Harry and I walked out of the venue and in a matter of seconds, the two of us were surrounded by a crowd of screaming girls. I could see that Harry was a little disappointed by the sudden mob, but he still put on a smile and went to greet the fans that made his career possible.

The clicks of cameras and the yells of girls trying to get Harry’s attention took longer than what he had expected. Whenever Harry was about to grab my hand and head down the street to spend a little bit of time together, another ten fans said that their picture hadn’t turned out, they need one more autograph, or they needed to have one more video. Harry being his sweet and charming self, just couldn’t say no to all the devoted fans and soon, the two hours of time that we were planning on spending with each other was gone, and Harry had to go back into the venue to get ready for the evening’s show.

“Sorry,” Harry said with sympathy in his voice as the screams became muffled when the door behind us closed.

“It’s fine, Harry. I know that that’s what you have to do, but I just wish that I could have had a little bit of time alone with you. But, it’s fine, I understand that this is your job and if I want to be with you, then I have to deal with it.” I put on a small, reassuring smile and grabbed Harry’s hand. “And I am more than willing to deal with it, because you know what?” Harry chuckled.

“What?”

“That is because I love you,” I gave Harry a quick peck on the lips. “More than anything in the world.” I was leaning in to give Harry another quick kiss, but was interrupted by the voice of Paul.

“Harry, come on. We have to get you ready. The show starts in about an hour and a half.” Harry reluctantly followed Paul down the hall, while pulling me with him.

Once we got to the room where the boys would warmup in, I felt even more uncomfortable. I felt out of place. I looked at the time, realizing that the opening act must be going on soon, if not right now. “Harry, I’m going to go and watch the show.” 

“Alright, Han.” Harry gave me a kiss.

“Good luck, guys. I know you’ll do well, like always.” I called out as I walked through the door. 

I found my way to the side of the stage, being able to have an amazing spot to watch the show. The opening act did amazing and in a matter of seconds, the deafening screams began once the five boys ran onto the stage and began their first song. 

“So, how is everyone doing tonight?” Zayn yelled into the microphone, getting a huge reaction from the large crowd. “Great! Now, this next song, the boys and I are going to dedicate to our girls.” The boys went on to sing a romantic ballad, Harry making eye contact with me throughout the entire performance.

The show was going amazing, the crowd going wild when one of the boys switched up the lyrics or did some kind of funny dance move. After they finished their seventh song, they began to answer their favorite tweets, a tradition they had ever since their first tour of “Up All Night”. 

“That’s from Eliza Grandle, row six, seat eight.” The boys ran to the general area of where the fan must be sitting and waved. “Thank you, Eliza.” Louis announced. 

“Now, this is my favorite tweet from tonight.” Harry announced to the crowd as the tweet expanded on the screen behind them. “Are you and Hanna actually engaged?” Harry read with a smile on his lips. Harry looked at me, as I nodded, telling him that this was how we were going to go public with the new engagement. “Alright, so, as many of you might have saw, there are rumors going around about Hanna and I being engaged. I would like to happily inform you guys that those are all, one hundred percent true.” 

I could see the boys smiling at how happy Harry was as the crowd went wild. All the doubts of me not belonging were quickly washed away. “And that was from EzMarie Framile, row fifty, seat eighteen. Where are you EzMarie?”

Harry looked over to me once more, both of us smiling at one another. “I love you.” He mouthed to me from the far side of the stage. “I love you, too.” I mouthed back. My life before Harry was horrible, but once I came here, it took a turn for the best. I think about what could have happened if I never made that one choice of leaving, and I know that I wouldn’t be able to look back on my life. My life in the past five years has been amazing, completely overshadowing the chaos and heartache of the years before. At the moment, my life couldn’t get any better, but somehow, I know that with Harry, it will. From the first question, to the last, Harry will be there for me, and for all those reasons, I now know that I am not afraid to look back.