chapter eleven

August 3, 2012

"Come home with me, you obviously aren't doing too good here Jessica. My mom won't have a problem with it and plus we're both going to the same college and I'm not living on campus."

I shook my head, exhausted. I've been up for three days straight trying to find somewhere else to go. I only have about fifty dollars to my name, if not that. That's a lot considering that some people have none, but it's not enough to buy me another nights stay at a motel.

"I couldn't possibly intrude, thank you again though."

Adam sighed, partially because we've been going at it for about an hour. "Fine. Let me take you to at least grab something to eat, you're eating for two." He gave me a pointed look.

Adam's been great company lately. I've been alone since I got here, but he helps with that. I'm glad I met him.

"Okay, I am quite hungry."

He smiled. "Let's go."

An hour later we pulled up to the biggest house I've ever seen in my life. It was even bigger than Rodney's. No stop Jessica don't even think about him. I mentally sighed, and got out the car trailing behind Adam like a lost puppy. I mean I really was one.

He opened the door and let me walk in first then he followed. I thought the outside was big, the inside was even bigger.

I looked around amazed. "Adam where are we? I thought we were going out to eat?"

He smiled. "My house and we'll eat here."

My head snapped to meet his and I glared. "Are you kidding me? Adam.." I groaned.

He rubbed my back, still smiling. "It's okay, I told my mom all about it. She said it was okay."

I rubbed my stomach and pouted. "I'm not a charity case. I could've handled it my self."

He nodded. "I know you could've, but you don't have to. You don't have to go through this alone, I'm here for you." He turned around and began to walk.

"Adam please..."

"Jessica, please shut up."

I shook my head and followed him. I hated this. "I don't even have any of my things."

"I'll go back for them tomorrow, let's go eat."

I squeezed his arm and he turned around to look at me. I smiled softly. "Thank you, really I mean it."

"Don't mention it babe." He winked.

May 24, 2016

I clenched Reid to my chest while he screamed in agony. All I did was wince the whole time we were on our way to the hospital. My baby was hurting and I couldn't do anything about it. A tear ran down my face, but I quickly wiped it. I had to be strong, I needed to be.

"Adam hurry the fuck up!"

The car jerked and Reid screamed.

"Adam please!"