chapter six

June 8, 2012

I rubbed my hands together. I was sitting in Rodney's room on his bed, while he was in the bathroom showering. We got back to his house after dinner two hours ago. His parents are still out of town, they've been gone since last week. We were the only ones here, he sent the maids home early so we could be alone. I was so scared I was second guessing telling him. Rebecca called me earlier and told me if I didn't want to do it I didn't have to. I needed to though.

I heard the bathroom door open and my heart dropped. He was standing in front of me with nothing but a towel hanging low on his hips. He was gorgeous and all mine. Not for long. I gulped.

"Hey baby, you okay?"

My eyes snapped to his and I looked down. Clothes, he had on clothes. How long was I daydreaming for? "Yeah I'm okay, um.. Rod?"

He raised an eyebrow and sat next to me. "Yeah Jess?"

"I.. I have to tell you something um.." I looked down and started playing with my fingers. Get a hold of yourself Jessica!

"Hey, hey.." He lifted my chin up so I was looking at him. Blue to brown. "It's okay princess you can tell me."

I took a deep breath. It's now or never Jess you can do this. I gulped. "I'm um.. I'm uh.. I'm pregnant." I looked down at my hands again.

Silence, that's all I could hear. Same with Rebecca, except hers was comforting, this was deafening. I looked back up to see a look of disgust, my heart dropped.

"You're what?" He stood up and ran his fingers through his fluffy dirty blonde hair. "Is it.. is it mine?"

I reeled back in shock. "What?"

He shook his head. "No no.. of course it's mine I'm sorry." He looked away for a moment.

"Rodney.. please say something. I.. I don't.. I don't know what to do." My voice was so shaky I didn't even recognize it myself.

He sighed and then looked at me. He was shaking with anger. "I don't want it. Ellie was right about you."

My heart skipped a beat, and it wasn't in the good way. "I'm confused? You don't.. you don't wha-"

"I don't fucking want it! Kill it!" It happened so fast I didn't even see the money flying towards me until it hit me in my chest. "There.. That's two damn thousand dollars." He shook his head and pulled his hair. "I thought you were different Jessica, but you're not. You're fucking not. I thought you were. Fuck!"

I stared down at the money. What the fuck? Ellie was right about me? I looked up at him and saw nothing but hate shinning in those beautiful blue eyes that once stared at me with so much love. I knew that this was going to happen, I just didn't think that him nor his sister would think of me as some kind of gold digger. I thought he knew me better than that, clearly I thought wrong.

"Just get the fuck out, go kill the thing , and get the hell out!"

I closed my eyes. My heart was breaking in two and I couldn't do shit about it. "I'll pay for it myself.." I got up and walked out leaving the money.. walked out and away from the love of my life. Forever.