chapter ten

June 30, 2012

"Welcome to Function Junction, can I start you off with something to drink sugar?"

I looked up and saw an older lady, most likely mid thirties, with wild curly blonde hair, blue eyes, and cherry red lips beaming at me. I cringed and looked at her name tag.. Susanne. I cleared my throat. "Yeah um, can I just have some water please?"

She nodded. "Would you like to order now as well?"

I shook my head and clenched my stomach. It was growling furiously, but I couldn't bring myself to eat anything. I know I'm taking care of two now, but I've been throwing up all morning. "No, just a water will be fine, thank you."

She nodded once more then scribbled down something and smiled at me. "I'll be right back darling." She walked away.

I groaned and put my head down. My flight landed this morning around two, I checked in at a small motel near the airport. It wasn't really ideal, but I couldn't just blow away all my money in one day. I already had to spend a pricey amount on my flight. NYU didn't have anymore available dorms for the semester, so that only meant I had to find my own place which was going to be a pain in the ass.

I heard a ding and picked my head up, a boy with green eyes, short black hair, and tan skin caught my eye and he walked over.

"Is this seat taken?"

I shook my head.

He smiled, jeez get away from me I've had enough of gorgeous guys. "Would you mind if I sat here?"

I sighed and shook my head. He's not going away anytime soon.

He sat down, nonchalantly I might add. "Hi, my name is Adam I'm 19, and I live in Manhattan. You?"

I raised an eyebrow. "Jessica and I'm a serial killer."

He raised an eyebrow, green eyes gleaming brightly. "I pegged you for more of a stuck up bitch, not a humorous one." He smirked and tighten his scarf around his neck.

I fought back a smile, he acts just like Rebecca. Why didn't I notice it before though? The way he's talking to me, the tone of his voice, hand gestures. He was definitely homosexual and I loved it.

"You don't talk much do you?"

I shook my head.

"You're really pretty by the way.. hot even, I need a girlfriend like you."

I almost choked on my saliva from wanting to laugh. "Um.."

He chuckled. "I'm kidding girl, I don't swing that way." I know. He winked. "What I meant was, I need a friend like you. Quiet, funny when need to be."

I gave him a soft smile and nodded. I touched my stomach momentarily, it was a habit I had now.

His eyes caught my movement and he looked at me with a softened gaze. "How far along are you babe?"

My eyes shot to his and widen. "How.. how do.."

"My mother's friend does that when she feels out of place. She's pregnant as well."

I was about to respond when the waiter placed the water on to the table. I mumbled a thanks.

She beamed at the boy sitting across from me. "Would you like anything Adam darling?"

Notice MeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara