Chapter 14

Payton

I was running around my house looking for my cap and gown. Princess told me to give it to her so she can hang it up in the bathroom while I shower.

"I don't understand why you doing that auntie." I giggled while handing my gown over to her. It was all white and I had a yellow cord.

"Just give me the damn gown, I'm hanging it up in here so it won't have any wrinkles since you can't put an iron to you."

She took my cap and tapped me on the top of my head with it.

"Well, excuse me." I said while closing the door to start my shower.

"Don't take too long, Anna will be here any second and coco will be with her to do your makeup." Princess yelled from the other side of the door.

"Okay Auntie." I yelled back.

Today is my graduation. I can't believe I'm going to be walking across that stage to receive my diploma. I worked my ass off to receive those good grades.

I know Princess and Uncle Mondy are proud of me. Cash is more excited then I am.

I'm having a graduation party later on today I invited Cash's mom Brooklyn.

I can't wait to meet her, I know she'll be exactly how Cash say she is. I heard she's been dying to meet me. I don't wanna make the wrong first impression tho.

***

I walked over to my dresser and I had to put on my bra and underwear. Since I have to get my hair and makeup done first.

"Payton let's go." Princess yelled from downstairs.

"Okay, I'm coming." I made my way down stairs and sat in the chair once I spoke to Anna and coco.

"I can't believe my Payton is graduating today, my baby is grown up." Princess was all chocked up.

"Awh Auntie, don't cry." I took her hands in to mine. Soon after the tears started to flow from her eyes.

"Payton, I'm extremely proud of the women you have become and I want you to continue to make me and your uncle Raymond proud. You here me?"

She said while squeezing my hands. My aunt can be so emotional. I love her so much.

"You know I will, stop crying you big baby." I teased.

Uncle Raymond had walked in on us and he made his way to the living room.

"Princess I know ya ass ain't in here being a baby and shit." He placed his hands over Princess shoulders.

"Oh you just shut the hell up." She wiped her face with the tissue Coco had handed her.

"Damn my niece tryna get all grown and shit on me, that's too much makeup. Nah I can't take this." Uncle Mondy placed his face in his hands. He's a trip too.

I just laughed at the way he was acting. My family is too much man.

"They don't stay a baby forever." Anna said while she wounded my hair. Everyone agreed with her.

Several minutes later I was ready to get dress. I wore the outfit Cash bought me 2weeks ago.

I was all dressed and ready. I put my gown on but I didn't zip it up yet. I held my cap in one hand while I sent Cash a text.

Cash needs to hurry his ass up because I'm suppose to be riding with him there. He was pissing me off already.

I can't be late to my graduation, now that's just backwards. I decided to call his ass since he didn't text me back fast enough.

The phone only rang twice and he picked up.

"Where are you Mekhi, I can't be late to my own graduation." I spoke sarcastically through the phone.

"Damn will you stop yelling, I'm right here." Once Cash said those words I turned around to face him not knowing he done slid up in my room.

I jumped on him immediately.

"Don't play like that Cash, I was ready to fight ya ass." I said while kissing his soft and plump lips. He held on to waist tight.

"Let's go, don't wanna be late to your own graduation." He teased. He placed me back on the floor and I grabbed my cap and zipped up my gown.

***

"Payton R. Carter" one of the administrators spoke. Once my name was called I was on my feet heading to the stage.

"GOOOO PAYTON, WE LOVE YOU." I heard my family screaming from the crowd holding up signs that had my face and name on them. They're so extra but I love them.

I walked up on the stage and shook everyone who was important hands. I took my diploma and I did my lil jersey shore fist pump before walking off the stage.

After 150 more names being called the entire senior class stood to their feet and we all turned our tassels to the left and threw our caps up as a graduation tradition.

I was now back with my family and we were heading out my school. Cash handed me flowers and balloons.

I then noticed my Aunt Princess talking to Jojo. What the fuck is she doing here.

Jojo was looking a damn mess as always. I hate seeing her like this. She started to walk towards me. I folded my arms up.

"You lookin beautiful as ever, here I got these for you." She handed me flowers. I smiled a lil as I took them from her.

"Thank you." I said dryly.

"You know you don't have to always act like that Payton, I'm still your mother." She said while pulling her hair behind her ear.

Oh this lady got some nerve. Before I knew it I had snapped.

"Oh please and you don't have to try and play mommy, ain't it too late for all that shit?"

I threw the flowers in her face. I felt the tears forming in my eyes.

"I'm sorry Payton, dammit I'm sorry." She dropped to her knees crying historically making a big ass scene.

"Sorry isn't good enough, I'm out of here." I started to walk off.

Princess told her to get up off the ground and she did so while trying to fix her hair which already was at the top of her head.

That was so embarrassing.

Cash was already in his jaguar, he had his head laid back on the head rest. I opened the passenger side and got in.

"You alright P, what's goin on?" He was concerned and he was now sitting up straight.

"Jojo just embarrassed the shit outta me." I started to cry. Why she always making me cry, I thought.

"She better stop doin that shit, she gon make me say something to her ass and I know damn well she don't want me to say some." Cash was furious.

"I'm not talking to her until she gets cleaned, right now I lost all respect for her." I was serious and I had enough of her shit.

"P stop all that crying, what I tell you about that shit. You not weak, you been through a lot but you not weak. So stop all that cryin."

Cash had took his hands and wiped the tears that were running down my cheeks.

I listened to Cash and he was right. I'm done with all this cryin shit, I can't keep letting Jojo fuck up my day.

I'm not going to let her ass fuck up one of the most important days of my life.

"Okay, let's go back to Princess house." I said while grabbing for my seatbelt.

Cash started to smile and he kissed me on my forehead. Soon after we were heading back to my house for my graduation cook out.