Chapter 45

It's something about them summer nights. The atmosphere was so different. On this particular summer night there was a cool breeze sweeping through the city. Some folks sat on their porches or there were guys playing some late night basketball at the park. These type of summer nights were always remembered.

Mondy made his way to Avery's front door damn there stumbling. He struggled with keeping his balance but found the strength to knock on the door. Avery was sitting on the couch reading a hood classic "True To The Game". She wasn't expecting anybody so she was cautious before she opened the door. She grabbed her bat that was hanging from the coat hanger and headed towards her front door. Avery wrapped herself in her robe before looking into the peep hole. She couldn't see Mondy face because he had his back to the door. Avery held a tight grip on to the bat.

"Who is it" she yelled from the other end of the door. Mondy turned to face the door.

Mondy stood about 6 feet tall with smooth milk chocolate skin, deep dimples in his cheeks, straight white teeth, and crispy waves that could make any bitch sea sick.

"It's me Mondy open up the door Riri" Avery didn't hesitate to open the door but she was still confused to why he was at her door step.

"Mondy what you doing here do you not see what time it is?" Avery questioned wanting answers.

"Damn what ya lil ass bout to do with that bat" Mondy held his hands up joking.

"Shit you showing up at my doorsteps at this time of night I was damn sure about to use it on you" Avery could smell the weed and liquor scent that Mondy carried on him.

"Well... are you gonna let a nigga in or what?" Mondy patiently waited for Avery to invite him in. Avery tilted her head to the side.

"You can come in I don't mind" Avery spoke softly. She opened the door up completely and he followed her inside. Mondy never saw the inside of Avery's town house. He was impressed by her good taste. Avery's place was definitely decked out.

"Damn I never saw the inside of ya shit, you definitely did ya thing in here I like this whole set up" Avery didn't want to toot her own horn but she knew her place was fly.

"Thank you Mondy I try" she headed towards the kitchen to make some tea. Avery knew damn well Mondy was watching her ass and she swayed her hips a little putting a lil extra something something in her walk as she walked towards the kitchen.
Mondy shook his head with the biggest grin on his face.

"Which way is the bathroom I gotta take a leak bad" Mondy placed his iPhone on the coffee table.

"There's one down here, take a left right here in this hallway it's two doors down" Avery pointed to direct Mondy.

It's been about 5 minutes and the water in the teapot was boiling. Avery was definitely a young Erykah Badu type but don't ever get that shit twisted she'll be sipping on her tea and lighting an incense one moment then the next she'll be swinging on a Bitch. She always been a sweet heart but the way she was brought up she was taught to never take shit from nobody and give people the same treatment they gave her. Mondy was back from the bathroom and he examined Avery from her head to toes. Starting with her face, he admired her beautiful freckled face he couldn't keep his eyes off of the way her caramel skin was glowing. Over the years Avery grew her hair back and she bantu knotted her sandy colored hair to wear it curly. Her skin was so smooth.. there was no acne marks, she kept her face moisturized with coconut oil. He made his way down to her breast which were a perfect C cup, her frame was banging. Avery had hips and ass for days. He even looked at her toes which were pedicured with the nails to match. Mesmerized by Avery's beauty Mondy had no clue that she was starring directly at him. For what seemed like forever Mondy gave her this intense look. Avery became very shy but Mondy never took his eyes off of her. Not knowing what to say she asked him if he wanted some tea.