Chapter 43

- Lillian's POV -

i went down the stairs and Josie followed.

"i cannot believe this." Mom yelled

"what?" Dad asked.

"she smells of weed and alcohol." Mom said.

"its not that big of a deal." I claimed, causing Mom to yell again.

"you were clean for a long time." she scoffed.

"yeah... as far as you know, right?" I scoffed back.

"you mean...?" she began but i cut her off.

"no. its been six months."

"not anymore." she whispered.

"do you not see how this is a big deal? you're underage, you snuck out and you slipped back into old habits." Dad butted in.

"look, I'm sorry but.... maybe if you guys weren't arguing so much and paid some fucking attention, you would see that I'm just as stressed as you are and no one is helping me.... yet I'm the one that you both go to to talk. even Mackenzie is feeling the stress... why do you think she got red card!?" I yelled.

I was closer to dad than I was mom.... and Josie was shocked.

I had wanted to take every single word I had said back but before I could even apologize... I felt it.

the very familiar stinging sensation combined with the loud vibration and piercing sound.

I fell to the ground in tears.

this wasn't fucking happening.

here it comes... the fucking flashbacks.

I laid there in the floor as Dad had stepped over me and stormed off to his room.

the memories flooded my mind of how my father was and I think Mom and Josie, who both stood frozen, saw it in my eyes.

it all flashed in my mind over and over again.

he slapped me.

he fucking slapped me.

After a few long seconds, Josie and Mom ran over to me and helped me stand up.

"i-i ... it-it... y-you... h-he..." i stuttered out loud, grabbing my cheek.

"its okay." Mom cooed as she pulled me into a hug.

I immediately broke into sobs and Josie joined into the hug.

************************

okay I know its short....

but I didn't wanna leave y'all hanging...

so there.

I only did this because y'all wanted it but....

I ship Dilmer....

and when I began this story....

I didn't want Wilmer to be the bad guy... Lillian's dad is.. not Wilmer.

keep that in mind.

question: should Dilmer argue about it and shit happens? if so... what shit?

orrrr should they both agree that Lillian was right... about them arguing... and Wilmer apologize and build the relationship with his family once more?

let me knowwww.

~ Alisa