Chapter 12

- Demi's POV -

Dallas and the girls met me at my house after I got back from the school.

it had been a long day and I just wanted to sleep.

I walked in, throwing my bag on the floor.

"Hey, Demi." Lillian said, no kind of emotion once so ever. I wasn't sure if she was happy or sad to see me.

"Hey." I said, smiling warmly at her.

I plopped on the couch and motioned for Lillian to sit next to me.

she sat down, keeping a distance between us.

I frowned to myself and she just shifted in her seat.

everything seemed to make her uncomfortable.

"So, how was your day?" I huffed out, taking my shoes off.

"It was good. Dallas is nice." she said, flashing a quick smile.

"Well, I'm glad you like her!" I exclaimed.

she shifted again and I started to get worried.

she kept looking behind her.

"Demi, I think she is very stressed out because of me." she frowned.

"Why do you say that?" I asked her.

"Well, she wasn't happy with her performance and stuff and I mean, I knew she was nervous when we first got there but she looked so stressed and I don't think she enjoyed herself. I think its my fault." she held her head down, playing with the hem of her sleeves.

"Aw, baby, I'm sure she doesn't blame you. want something to drink?" I asked her, getting up from my seat.

she nodded.

"What would you like?" I asked her.

"What do you have?" she asked me, her voice quiet, as usual.

"Um, water, milk, grape juice, and Dr. Pepper." I said, thinking in my head what I had to drink.

"Dr. Pepper, please." she said.

I nodded and went to get it.

I grabbed two cans of Dr. Pepper and took them both out to the living room.

I handed her one and she took it. I sat down next to her as I opened mine.

she paused in the middle of opening her, staring at me.

I know why she was staring at me.

see, my plan was to find a reason to get up so when I came back, I could sit closer to her.

I mean, not because I 'like' her like that but because I want her to be comfortable beside me.

she tried to scoot over a little bit, unnoticeably but I noticed. she couldn't move far because she was sitting against the arm of the chair already.

she tried not to stare at me by looking back at her soda but she kept meeting my concerned gaze as if I were gong to do something bad to her.

I kept staring at her as she put the soda up to her lips.

right before she took a sip, she put it down on the coffee table and stood up. not saying anything as she made her way up to her room that Dallas had already showed her.

"Where are you going?" I asked her.

she didn't turned around but just shrugged her shoulders.

I stood up and rushed over to her before she reached the bottom step to go up.