Chapter Four : Not So Fast

Start from the beginning

I may, just take up my gut feeling for granted . I have done this today already , I just hope it won't be a habit.

Anne's P.O.V

Steve had brought back the good times and the bad during the week that we spent together at the camp. Sure it was only 7 days, but he talked as if we knew each other since we were in diapers. He made me laugh a few times before he heard a knock at the door.

Steve had stood up and gotten it. He wondered why would a man be at the door at this hour. It was already eleven at night! Apparently someone thought that it wasn't a problem to.

Nick Fury had rushed into the house as he was in a mode of panic. Steve had placed his hand behind his head wondering what it was about . Before Nick went to the spare bedroom , he had placed his arms around me for a hug. I just stood there not knowing how to react.

"Thank you Anne, I never gotten the chance to say thanks or saving my life"

I was confussed on why he hugged me. I had kindly accepted the thank you and I taken a step back away from him. Steve then had brushed us as he went into the spare bedroom as he fallowed. I was left alone.

The first few moments of rest so I could think on what really happened in my past. I never really had any moments to think what happened over. I decided to start the most obvious : My birthdate.

Aw man, I cant remember that. Call me crazy but that's all that I forgotten. Its weird though , yet I keep on going .

I born in New York but was raised in a small German town .My parents are Breanne and Johann Shmidt . They treated me well until I had gotten to my late teens. My father gotten composed into his work and mom accidently died by a explosion that the Nazis sent off unintentionally.

My mother was a Christian and rebelled against the rules that was sent out. As all of our family members were scared to attend her funeral, no one except my father and I shown up.

My father changed religion as I stayed Christian . He became obsessed with Norse magic and became the Red Skull. He started as a German army commander, now he was a monster that taken up all that Germany gave him for himself. I was of course taken out of school as he wanted me to take his position as leader when he died.

He wanted army of super soldiers so he could dominate the world. Like I mentioned before, I was forced to watch the experiments on the innocent people. I watched so many die in the most twisted ways: Purple skin, over sized boils and lost limbs. I however had a secret friendship with one of the men there :Bucky. As I grew close to him, I found a letter in his pocket about this man Howard Stark. I written a letter back to him to insure that Bucky is safe and I told him everything that went on. He written down exactly the same back. We were sort of pen pals.

We were friends as I would sneak out some water for him to drink as he lived another day. My father was impressed with him when Steve came to save my father hostages. Steve taken me because he seen my kindness and innocence towards the people around me bad or good. I was then awarded to become a soldier with Captain America .

I worked for only a week for the Americans. Bucky was very close to me around then. You know what happened, he asked me out then I pushed him away. Now I wish that I never really did because look our separate ways now.

It was when we were attacked by the Germans on the train. The two of us had thought we had taken them down, yet one grasped me to bring me back to father. The soldier went to the exit of the train: a opened door to the cold outdoors. He had told Steve and Bucky that if they thought of shooting him, he would toss me out . Bucky of course had lunged towards the soldier , the enemy had dodged as Bucky flew out of the door grasping onto the ledge of the trains ledge as he was calling for Steve's help.

Steve then fought the man as the soldier had kept his eyes on me. I didn't care about him, I could have taken him down. I went down to my knees as I came out to reach for Bucky's hand. He tried to reach for it but his hands were slippery because of the ice on the rail. He came in closer and closer though as he tried. I knelt to get him as best as I could.

"Anne, look out!" He warned to me as he pushed his hand out. I swerved my head to see the armed soldier about to stab me . He missed of course, yet he hit someone. He had hit Bucky's hand , the flesh spawned fast as my friend yelled from the pain .Steve stopped fighting as he dropped his shield.

There was nothing I could really do, it was either for his muscles to be torn up or for him to fall a immediate death. The man decided for him to experience a fast one.

The moment was silent. Bucky's eyes looked up to me as its last sight. He was scared yet proud that he saved my life. Bucky then had told me that he loved me before the man realised him to his ultimate death.

I watched him fall. He was full of fear when he had. He however never screamed, his eyes only full of sadness. He knew it would take a long time for him and I to reunite again.

During that moment, the soldier had placed a bag on my head as he gripped a knife to my neck. I was far too weak, the temperature had made my flames weaker so I couldn't show my powers to him. I head Steve scream for me before he slammed the door of the train as he flied to our headquarters.

My father wasn't happy when he had seen me. After a few moments of his violence towards me, he had announced that one of his projects actually succeeded . But their condition was terrible. He yelled at me for being a coward before placing the deadly curse on me.

That's the story of my life until now.

After my few moments of silence after that, I scanned the room more precisely . There was someone between the dark corner of the room. Who on earth would be standing there? I waited few more moments to react to what went on . Then I started to get up to walk over.

It became so clear that the man was indeed the Winter Soldier. Not that dude again . I have already fought him off twice in two days. He had no changes on his wardrobe what so ever, same face mask, same armour and same makeup probably from two days ago.

Before I had made a sound he pushed his finger to his lips telling me to be silent. How can I do that when a man who tried to kill me twice is in the same room as me? Yet I kept still as he came towards me, I noticed that he had no weapons on his waist whatsoever. He left them in the corner of the room as he wanted to indicate peace between the two of us.

"What do you want?" I mouth as he kept silent and still. He couldn't have just barged in here for no reason at all!

He had placed a hand through my hair as he felt how soft it was. I recognised his silver arm, must have been horrible for him to loose a arm like that. He let go as I placed my hand on his unique arm.

I don know why I am even doing this. I must feel sympathy for him when he surrendered himself. The arm is so deadly from the many he killed, yet it was beautiful because it reminded me that we had a dark past . A past that the two of us had healed from.

I let go of his arm as I came to my senses. He tried to kill me! I shouldn't be even touching him . He did the unforgivable yet he...

Seems to desire to be forgiven ? I don't know what his intentions were on this but I still have my eye on him.

He never taken his eyes off me when he had left . The soldier had picked up his belt along that way. The next time I blinked, he was gone. He vanished into the night.

There was a few moments of silence . What the hell was that all about?

Bang!

That's when the unthinkable happened. Steve had rushed to the room and had a seemingly panicked look on his face. He searched for the intruder and stared at the open window .

" where did he go?!" He asked.

I panicked and pointed at the window. I didn't know how to react to the man who just surrendered . Maybe I should have kept my mouth quiet.

Steve rushed past me as I seen the opened door. Where I had seen Nick Fury take his final breaths. I had rushed over to his side.

He was stained in blood. Nick was heavily breathing as he pulled me down . His final words was for me to keep my eyes open. Then he gave me a blank glare . I felt his pulse drop as his hand dropped.

That's one down, I wonder who's going to get it next.